>"< Troopers 2020

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

The can change colors and wear velvet cowboy hats but the Troopers "experience" is the only thing they now own that's unique.  In an activity of "new looks" and "new music" each and every year, the ONLY consistency in attracting and keeping members is that corps' "experience".

Same with PC, Mandarins, 'Coats, Crown and BD.

Pretty much agree with this. With each passing season the distinctives between corps has less to do with iconography and more to do with vibe. I don't think any kid tries for BD because of jazz, or goes out for Bloo because of their origins in police outreach. They try out for a corps because they saw this year's show and they say to themselves I want to be part of that kind of show

The strongest recruiting tool for next season is the show you put on the field this season. The show -- whatever ineffable quality it has that a 19-year-old finds attractive -- is what is going to motivate that young person to buy a plane ticket to your November camp. The show is the consummation of everything you are -- the vibe of your corps. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, garfield said:

Yes.  Absolutely.  It was just bait.  Chum to the sharks.

aka: DCP

They pop popcorn.

Hey we’re the Troopers and here is what we are up to... IOW putting the name out there.... couldn’t afford a super bowl commercial so....

I find this new 2muchcoffeeman/Garfield love affair a bit nauseating.  I think I’m gonna go check if Michigan State found themselves a new head football coach yet. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

I find this new 2muchcoffeeman/Garfield love affair a bit nauseating. 

Muppet show secondary character and human movie star from the past... hmmm....

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

Music "reveals" are not what draws kids that come back.  Why are they wasting time on music reveals that they can't explain when they should be doing things and producing videos that bring a corps full of top-tier try-outs?

A valid question, but Troop's You Tube channel is full of exactly what you're looking for (I provided helpful links to a sample of them earlier). And I'm sure there is more of it to come. They are fully aware, and they do not ignore this important wavelength of communication to potential members.

Into this abundance of recruitment material they drop a 20-second vid about their music for the season. This blows a hole into their recruitment how?

3 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

A valid question, but Troop's You Tube channel is full of exactly what you're looking for (I provided helpful links to a sample of them earlier). And I'm sure there is more of it to come. They are fully aware, and they do not ignore this important wavelength of communication to potential members.

Into this abundance of recruitment material they drop a 20-second vid about their music for the season. This blows a hole into their recruitment how?

Because

Because

Because I said so, that's why!

4 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Stop making sense.  We were having such fun!

• Haha 1