>"< Troopers 2020

14 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I find this new 2muchcoffeeman/Garfield love affair a bit nauseating.  I think I’m gonna go check if Michigan State found themselves a new head football coach yet. 

Yes, yes we have:

5cc8e0795799803ba041e57bce3cb600.jpg

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I'm shocked that a music geek wouldn't know who Sigur Ros is - an Icelandic rock band with some incredible ballads.

My music geekdom is for "back in the day" groups like The Fugs and Root Boy Slim and the Sex Change Band. LOL

Now... I would love for a drum corps to tackle some Root Boy. :laughing:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

My music geekdom is for "back in the day" groups like The Fugs and Root Boy Slim and the Sex Change Band. LOL

Now... I would love for a drum corps to tackle some Root Boy. :laughing:

Got be a SitiusXM channel for you somewhere Fran 😆

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Got be a SitiusXM channel for you somewhere Fran 😆

I don't know.... I think Root Boy might be way beyond Deep Tracks. :tongue:

• Haha 1

DCP: " corps don't release anything til close to the start of the season and it sucks! back ib my day we read DCW to find out their show!"

Troopers release a video with the composers names in February

DCP: " how is that going to attract kids, wasted resources! why back in my day....."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

LOL

BTW, not that it's a representative sample, but among the Reddit crowd there is some lip-smacking over the music choices (amid the usual wisecracking; it is Reddit, after all)

If you want to irritate the Reddit crowd tell them in 20 yrs they will be on DCP.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

DCP: " corps don't release anything til close to the start of the season and it sucks! back ib my day we read DCW to find out their show!"

Troopers release a video with the composers names in February

DCP: " how is that going to attract kids, wasted resources! why back in my day....."

BTW, I never said anything about Back in My Day; someone else added that.  I think it TODAY misses the mark on the one thing that makes Troopers great. Repertoire changes every, single year.  The best argument that I'm wrong - not that I'm old - is that Troopers have lots of "culture" videos up on their website.  

I, personally, don't give a darn whether they release their rep because I won't consider listening to unknown source music until AFTER the season, at least starts and I've seen at least one show.  But that's me, today and BIMD. 

EDIR:  Still can't find any clarification of what the kaleidoscope compass rose means to sum-of-the-parts.  I hope this funky music helps explain that...

Edited by garfield

6 hours ago, garfield said:

BTW, I never said anything about Back in My Day; someone else added that.  I think it TODAY misses the mark on the one thing that makes Troopers great. Repertoire changes every, single year.  The best argument that I'm wrong - not that I'm old - is that Troopers have lots of "culture" videos up on their website.  

I, personally, don't give a darn whether they release their rep because I won't consider listening to unknown source music until AFTER the season, at least starts and I've seen at least one show.  But that's me, today and BIMD. 

EDIR:  Still can't find any clarification of what the kaleidoscope compass rose means to sum-of-the-parts.  I hope this funky music helps explain that...

This wasn’t aimed solely at you. And today, that culture and tradition means little in terms of competitive success. They’ve made finals once since 1986. So likely this was done to get any kind of pub or chatter. And here we are...... discussing it 

• Like 1