Cadets and YEA new path forward

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

It’s interesting, ask someone who works professionally in advancement, development, fund raising, or whatever an organization calls collecting funds, and they will tell you they hear the same complaint: “I wanted to give but no one asked me. This happens even though phone calls were made, brochures and appeals were mailed, info was sent out via Internet, and a variety of other things were done as well. 

Very good point. A good portion of it comes down to approach and timing. I went through an ATD seminar recently where we actually talked about this very point. The speaker noted that very similar to the customer service world, the problem is often not the type of communication but the timing. Often the person who answers the phone or whatever the method of outreach is, doesn't communicate that a request was made when it comes to charity. Sales is a little different as noted below.

In my industry, we have state regulations that require that we go back and listen to the call when someone states that were charged for something which they did not agree to. When we go back and listen to the majority of those interactions, what we realize is that there are two people in most homes. They have specific roles in the majority of cases; One buys stuff and one pays the bills...and they don't talk to each other as much as they probably should. So one will call and buy product_x and then the other will flip their #### and call in saying "I never ordered product_x!" Well, they're correct...THEY didn't order product_x...the other member of the household did. 

Thirty years in fund-raising.

Confirming: the #1 reason people say they do not give, "I was not asked."

(Indirect communication -- brochures, e-mail, et al -- are simply that: indirect communication. They are not "asks.")

• Like 4

On 2/14/2020 at 2:39 AM, N.E. Brigand said:

Only if they Ran All the Way, I think.

Although I wonder who today's Dalton Trumbo might be, it would be an interesting adaptation where Nick (GH) takes his love (YEA! or his guard instructor) hostage and brutalizes it, still thinking it's only for him, until, while trying to jump bail, he's shot down  by a bevy of victims who corner him just as his 401(k) settlement clears his bank.

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2020 at 10:00 AM, rpbobcat said:

One of things that I hopes come out is if/how the organization have dealt with creditors when, it comes to

their restructuring.

Hopefully there's been a lot of communication with them and maybe,just maybe,they have agreements in

the works to avoid lengthy legal battles over debt payments.

I don't think this will be a problem. No supplier wants to be the death knell of a venerable org like this just to settle a relatively small debt.  Much more cred, kudos, and future orders comes with seeing the situation in its totality and stepping up first in line to renegotiate whatever debt is owed to not strangle the new BoD while trying to save/rebuild the org from a once-in-a-lifetime calamity.

They deserve grace, understanding, and the BOTD.  I'm betting they're getting that with new and clear repayment terms.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FTNK said:

This is obvious to say, but if I were a member and/or parent of a member, who has given money to the org and spent probably as much for audition and camp travel, I would have a LOT of tough questions.

Like? 

39 minutes ago, FTNK said:

This is obvious to say, but if I were a member and/or parent of a member, who has given money to the org and spent probably as much for audition and camp travel, I would have a LOT of tough questions.

there’s a public webinar to discuss the leadership and approach of the new cadets organization- you should log in and ask your questions 

Thursday 8pm

Live.cadets.org 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, skevinp said:

He just wants them to fold his laundry.  The whole thing got blown out of proportion.  

Well if he includes the tighty whiteys I can see the problem lol

21 hours ago, MikeN said:

Why do they have to ask?  I ask seriously.

Mike

Counter....why not? Nothing wrong asking for help in THIS situation. If they choose not to ask then that’s fine. Plus the donation on the website is to YEA. 

Edited by DFA1970
  • Haha 1