Cadets and YEA new path forward

3 hours ago, FTNK said:

This is obvious to say, but if I were a member and/or parent of a member, who has given money to the org and spent probably as much for audition and camp travel, I would have a LOT of tough questions.

Right now may be the perfect time to donate to Cadets because when an organization has so many people watching it, more often than not there are tighter controls. My thought would be every penny will be accounted for in the upcoming days. That being said, trust is very hard to earn when there have been so many ways that trust has been violated. In the case of the Cadets, the people most responsible and in particular one person who was especially a lightning rod may be gone, but regaining the trust will take a while. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, garfield said:

I don't think this will be a problem. No supplier wants to be the death knell of a venerable org like this just to settle a relatively small debt.  Much more cred, kudos, and future orders comes with seeing the situation in its totality and stepping up first in line to renegotiate whatever debt is owed to not strangle the new BoD while trying to save/rebuild the org from a once-in-a-lifetime calamity.

They deserve grace, understanding, and the BOTD.  I'm betting they're getting that with new and clear repayment terms.

I don't know if it will be a problem or not.

Hopefully its not, and the Cadets talk about it in detail,next week.

I think a lot depends on just how big a "relatively small debt" is ,and  how many companies.

they owe money to.

"Cred,kudos sounds nice.

But, what good are "future orders"  if you're not assured your getting paid,especially

when that's happened before ?

Maybe the companies that deal with drum corps are different.

But most companies want to get paid for services or goods they provide.

I know in my business,if a client owes me money ,and wants more work done

my answer isn't usually "sure,glad to help you out".

"Cred" doesn't help me pay my employees every week.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 5:00 PM, rpbobcat said:

I don't know if it will be a problem or not.

Hopefully its not, and the Cadets talk about it in detail,next week.

I think a lot depends on just how big a "relatively small debt" is ,and  how many companies.

they owe money to.

"Cred,kudos sounds nice.

But, what good are "future orders"  if you're not assured your getting paid,especially

when that's happened before ?

Maybe the companies that deal with drum corps are different.

But most companies want to get paid for services or goods they provide.

I know in my business,if a client owes me money ,and wants more work done

my answer isn't usually "sure,glad to help you out".

"Cred" doesn't help me pay my employees every week.

OK, the sky is falling.  You're right.

Running a non-profit is exactly not the same as your for-profit business.

And, if you can't see the benefit of a little current sacrifice to keep a long-term buyer buying long term, then we'll just chalk it up to your lack of experience. 

Every supplier to drum corps has known for years that it's by a wing a a prayer that they get paid at all each season.  Working through financial calamities is certainly not new territory for the activity's suppliers.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, George Dixon said:

there’s a public webinar to discuss the leadership and approach of the new cadets organization- you should log in and ask your questions 

Thursday 8pm

Live.cadets.org 

Uggggh! Are you kidding me? That's too hard to do. It's easier to pontificate on this site. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

So. Decided to check camp out today at Lakewood ranch... 

not sure if putting your camp in Florida then having less than 50 brass show up.... 

now, I don’t know if that’s 50 new brass players or not but...  I don’t know if that’s a successful camp from a “top 12 organization” 

Ron, the assistant director(?) who’s below the director of ops(?) unfortunately had to do double duty of band director and try and run camp? Kind of(?)

i wish some of yall were there to observe, that is all. Excited for this call and to see how they will have money to go on the road this year and at least remain on the same level of quality of the top 12! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

So. Decided to check camp out today at Lakewood ranch... 

not sure if putting your camp in Florida then having less than 50 brass show up.... 

now, I don’t know if that’s 50 new brass players or not but...  I don’t know if that’s a successful camp from a “top 12 organization” 

Ron, the assistant director(?) who’s below the director of ops(?) unfortunately had to do double duty of band director and try and run camp? Kind of(?)

i wish some of yall were there to observe, that is all. Excited for this call and to see how they will have money to go on the road this year and at least remain on the same level of quality of the top 12! 

I’m going today.  It’s about an hour away so why not? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m going today.  It’s about an hour away so why not? 

I wasn't aware that you guys had already re-located! That's awesome. Enjoy sunny Florida.

10 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I wasn't aware that you guys had already re-located! That's awesome. Enjoy sunny Florida.

We haven’t.  We’re in Indian Shores on vacay for two weeks.  Lakewood Ranch is about an hour away. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

We haven’t.  We’re in Indian Shores on vacay for two weeks.  Lakewood Ranch is about an hour away. 

What did you do on vacation... watch drum corps! Almost did that years ago in Canada. Drove by a stadium near Toronto and saw a corps on the field. Found out later it was a major competition. If only there had been the internet to tell us we would have rescheduled whatever the heck we did that day.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3