Cadets and YEA new path forward

I can see where there are many questions here that are posed in an "assuming the negative"  tone, whether intended to or not.  It seems like your report would have more credibility if you approached a Cadets staff member during, after, or since the camp so this was a report rather than your leading speculations.

Meant to include quote from lifeisaround.

Edited by fifer

31 minutes ago, fifer said:

It seems like your report would have more credibility if you approached a Cadets staff member during, after, or since the camp so this was a report rather than your leading speculations.

Meant to include quote from lifeisaround.

What makes you believe a Cadets staff member would be forthcoming, and what makes you believe there are leading speculations? So before you question anyone’s credibility, let’s start with yours. Were you there! If so did you see and talk to either lifeisaround or Terri and her husband? If not then the only credible sources would be them. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/15/2020 at 8:35 AM, BranchHill said:

Thirty years in fund-raising.

Confirming: the #1 reason people say they do not give, "I was not asked."

(Indirect communication -- brochures, e-mail, et al -- are simply that: indirect communication. They are not "asks.")

to be honest, a lot of people got so innundated by YEA requests, they tuned them out or did all they could to get off their various lists

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Poppycock said:

What makes you believe a Cadets staff member would be forthcoming, and what makes you believe there are leading speculations? So before you question anyone’s credibility, let’s start with yours. Were you there! If so did you see and talk to either lifeisaround or Terri and her husband? If not then the only credible sources would be them. 

If they were there, would it matter? Every time @dans comes on here with some positive information from the camps, so many people want to question what he/she saw. But now, people are willing to defend a negative review of a (satellite) camp because that person was there. 

Essentially, these are all opinions. But I am willing to listen to the opinions of those who were there, regardless of whether it is negative or positive. That's what drum corps is. 

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

With all due respect, I have to agree.  He was just passing along what he/she saw yesterday.  Jim and I went today. 

That’s fine and perception is always personal. Thanks 

18 hours ago, FTNK said:

All posts and posters who raise concerns must be attacked

Is perpetual hand-wringing a concern or an affliction?

It. Was. A. Camp.  

It wasn't a full corps spring training.  It's auditions for prospective members.  How hard is that?  Did anyone expect they'd fill the corps from FL?  I'm sure they didn't.

Edited by garfield
  • Thanks 2