Cadets and YEA new path forward

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

As difficult as this might be for some people to read it’s certainly not what my expectations would be from a top 12 organization. 

Crowns announced open spots. Horrors 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Do Cadets really need to be on the defense and ahead of all the chatter on DCP? That seems to be the expectation by some. Do people expect a press release explaining the how’s and why’s of a remote camp? Is this their first camp/audition in Florida? Is it something they wanted to experiment with and knew they might not have a huge turnout? I have no doubt Cadets will come out with a full brass section. Perhaps they’ll be young and inexperienced but it will be a full line. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and calm down.

Don’t go and ruin DCP drama 

• Haha 4

I think Brian Tuma’s advice may be worth heeding. I can think of a few reports from winter camps of a variety of corps where everything was rosy and the results in the summer were disappointing and tales of horrendous camps where everyone has been pleasantly surprised in June, July, and August. There is also another factor to keep in mind. Fifty kids at a camp in Florida on Presidents Day weekend, most likely means fifty kids within driving distance. Unless you buy your tickets in the fall, getting plane tickets from Northeast Airports to Florida on a long weekend is next to impossible. On Friday night I watched the news (I live outside of Boston) and there was a segment on people traveling to Florida for the school vacation/long weekend, after Christmas and Thanksgiving, this is the busiest weekend for trips to Florida. The more important questions would be “Did the fifty or so people at the camp have the talent needed to fill the open spots?” “Were relationships built this year with band directors in Florida this year that will ensure better attendance at future camps.”

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

If someone was at camp and tells what they saw, how is that opinion? Prime example of why DCP has the reputation it has. You won’t find a more blunt force trauma honest person that Terri. Christ we love each other and still battle, usually to see who is more blunt force trauma inducing. 

the world is not out to get the Cadets. People wanted them to succeed in spite of Hop and got #### on for it. They still want them to succeed despite the myriad of Hop induced and non Hop induced. But yes people will have questions and some doubts, but that doesn’t make them haters. You want to see a corps that’s hated, look at BD for their amazing success. Yeah some people want to see the Cadets fail. But not everyone asking questions does. 

I was simply concerned.  
Anyone who is deriving pleasure from any problems the Cadets may be experiencing, is an ######## of the highest order. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Drama and Schadenfruede.

Come on I need ammo for my DCAF column

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Tell me you’re not comparing the two brass sections level of talent and needs! 

I’m comparing that in February not every corps is full. In fact come august not every corps is full

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2