Cadets and YEA new path forward

31 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Spoke to a Penn State connection. They were told the charges were dropped so... 

and then multiple face palm emojis came

I think “charges were dropped” is commonly put forward (with the inference being due to lack of merit) but that’s not what actually happened. A fee was paid and the record cleared. Kinda like a driving ticket.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Charges may have been dropped, but video existed and civil action is different than a criminal trial. I guess stranger things have happened. Wernher von Braun went from V2 rockets to strategic positions at NASA, but he had unique skills.

In today’s world if the charges were dropped and that was the basis for denial, lawsuits could abound 

24 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I think “charges were dropped” is commonly put forward (with the inference being due to lack of merit) but that’s not what actually happened. A fee was paid and the record cleared. Kinda like a driving ticket.

In law, technicalities matter. A clear record is there forever 

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not arguing but want to point out IIRC the reddit poster is one who is quick to say anyone who responds and doesn’t totally agree is pro-abuser.... just bringing up bias imo for those who don’t know 

True. But I am trying to separate the message from the messenger. I understand it’s sometimes hard to do. 

4 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

True. But I am trying to separate the message from the messenger. I understand it’s sometimes hard to do. 

The messenger claims that the thread is full of GH apologists. They aren't working with reality.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

The messenger claims that the thread is full of GH apologists. They aren't working with reality.

I was focused on the actual abuse claims and information provided. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dbc03 said:

there's a few. pretty easy to spot

3 hours ago, dans said:

I do know from friends on staff at the Cadets that the brass staff is not settling for members with lower levels of talent. They are being patient and not rushing to fill the brass line. The Cadets are determined to build a great brass line.

I love the Cadets and if they have to strip it down to the studs and come out great on the other side, I don’t care. 

• Like 5

On 2/17/2020 at 11:39 AM, exitmusic said:

You guys are reddit-famous:

This is the first I've heard about supposed efforts by the late John Noonan, a board member with the Cavaliers, to expose a different drum corps scandal, although I have heard of the scandal in question from multiple DCP posters who I know to be well-connected (some of whom claimed that the story was going to break late last summer), but in keeping with past DCP practice, I won't be naming the alleged malefactor here. The Dropbox item at your link says that Noonan spoke with Tricia Nadolny before his passing. Given that she never published a story on this subject, it would seem there is not enough evidence for it to go public.

Edited to add that one of Nadolny's former colleagues at the Philadelphia Inquirer, Lisa Gartner, today won a Polk Award for excellence in journalism for a story  "exposing a pattern of violent abuse of boys at the Glen Mills Schools, a 193-year-old reformatory in suburban Delaware County". In a tweet responding to news of the award, Gartner thanked a number of people she's worked with, including Nadolny.

Nadolny's latest story at USA Today concerns a sex scandal at a Baptist church in Oak Hill, PA.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Sad 1