Cadets and YEA new path forward

43 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

This is the first I've heard about supposed efforts by the late John Noonan, a board member with the Cavaliers, to expose a different drum corps scandal, although I have heard of the scandal in question from multiple DCP posters who I know to be well-connected (some of whom claimed that the story was going to break late last summer), but in keeping with past DCP practice, I won't be naming the alleged malefactor here. The Dropbox item at your link says that Noonan spoke with Tricia Nadolny before his passing. Given that she never published a story on this subject, it would seem there is not enough evidence for it to go public.

The problem is she couldn’t get anyone to go on the record and corroborate. The wagons circled tightly the last 2 summers when it came up elsewhere 

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not arguing but want to point out IIRC the reddit poster is one who is quick to say anyone who responds and doesn’t totally agree is pro-abuser.... just bringing up bias imo for those who don’t know 

I agree.

5 hours ago, year1buick said:

I think “charges were dropped” is commonly put forward (with the inference being due to lack of merit) but that’s not what actually happened. A fee was paid and the record cleared. Kinda like a driving ticket.

The person was charged with a misdemeanor that was not a sexual charge at all. That is why the charge was able to be discharged. I read the file of the court actions a number of times; it was posted online. Whatever anyone thinks of the back-story, that is the legal side of what happened. 

46 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I agree.

Just googling reddit and the same poster accused reddit of hiding abuse in corps also..... buuut can’t use the term he/she did.... 🤭

edit: well I’ve just learned how low repartee on reddit gets. Just keep repeating “you’re part of the problem” to requests to discuss or answer a question... done

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just googling reddit and the same poster accused reddit of hiding abuse in corps also..... buuut can’t use the term he/she did.... 🤭

edit: well I’ve just learned how low repartee on reddit gets. Just keep repeating “you’re part of the problem” to requests to discuss or answer a question... done

Reddit is read-only for me. 

5 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Reddit is read-only for me. 

Same here... have learned from ramd there are just some people or websites not worth talking to... To clear things up the “part of the problem” responses were made to another person

Edited by JimF-LowBari