Cadets and YEA new path forward

So we’re in attack the messenger, ignore the message mode?  Not a good look, people. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

So we’re in attack the messenger, ignore the message mode?  Not a good look, people. 

Feel free to defend all you want. From what I’m seeing (nothing on tv) the message is getting buried at times by things unrelated to the issue. 
Just bringing up possible bias for those who have been lucky enough not to check out reddit. Seen enough times possible bias is pointed out on dcp, guess it’s wrong to do the same for reddit?

Seriously the message I get from the poster from reading reddit posts is if you don’t condemn everyone and everything connected with Drum Corps then you are pro-abuser.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

29 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

When a messenger wraps the message inside so many layers of ridiculous accusations against practically everyone that it severely damages the credibility of the message itself, it can do more harm than good to the victims.  

So if it is the victims you care about, I don’t think demeaning someone for expressing concerns about the messaging is such a good look, either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

When a messenger wraps the message inside so many layers of ridiculous accusations against practically everyone that it severely damages the credibility of the message itself, it can do more harm than good to the victims.  

So if it is the victims you care about, I don’t think demeaning someone for expressing concerns about the messaging is such a good look, either. 

Nvm...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Was scanning that thread and noticed a reference to an old ramd thread. Claim was many people then knew something was wrong but did nothing. Having been on ramd at the time I checked the link. It was one person claiming to know something and bunch of us telling him to go to authorities. Not even close to what the claim was.... Lol also claim that many of those ramd people are on dcp now saying the same thing. Of the names I recognize on that thread none are on dcp (didn’t see Jeff or me).

I never went to ramd but my understanding is this dude was legit crazy and this was very much a stopped clock thing. I'm not aware of credible accusations prior to the story breaking a couple years ago.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dbc03 said:
Edited by JimF-LowBari
I’m going way ot

4 hours ago, MikeD said:

The person was charged with a misdemeanor that was not a sexual charge at all. That is why the charge was able to be discharged. I read the file of the court actions a number of times; it was posted online. Whatever anyone thinks of the back-story, that is the legal side of what happened. 

sadly perception in reality reads otherwise

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Can we make this the No Spin Thread?

only if discussing The Commandants Own while they still have no guard