Cadets and YEA new path forward

2 hours ago, dbc03 said:

I never went to ramd but my understanding is this dude was legit crazy and this was very much a stopped clock thing. I'm not aware of credible accusations prior to the story breaking a couple years ago.

bottom line he called Dan A and said he heard rumors but offered ZERO information that gave Dan anything to work with. Now Morgan Larson and The Kilties however.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

The problem is she couldn’t get anyone to go on the record and corroborate. The wagons circled tightly the last 2 summers when it came up elsewhere 

Based on that link, it sounds like there are documents. If so, someone at one of the corps in question should leak them.

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

bottom line he called Dan A and said he heard rumors but offered ZERO information that gave Dan anything to work with. Now Morgan Larson and The Kilties however.....

But according to reddit poster, anyone who read you know who’s ramd posts and didn’t call the cops with even less info has “blood on their hands”. 
But that’s because ramd and dcp is full of the same posters and we’re all a bunch of Cadets honks 😆

yeah I got bored last night and looked... reminded me of a female you know who on ramd...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

12 hours ago, dbc03 said:

What are your specific concerns?

There is sexual abuse going on in the drum corps activity- I said drum corps, not “Cadets”, that hasn’t been fully flushed out and eliminated. And it appears we don’t want to talk about it when we get so darned defensive  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

There is sexual abuse going on in the drum corps activity- I said drum corps, not “Cadets”, that hasn’t been fully flushed out and eliminated. And it appears we don’t want to talk about it when we get so darned defensive  

My concern is the method of trying to flush this out ends up turning people away who would/could help. 

for example.... apparently you are one of the abuse enablers who worships the Cadets. Well everyone on dcp is that also.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Based on that link, it sounds like there are documents. If so, someone at one of the corps in question should leak them.

should and could are different things

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Public records and sex offenders lists and all that...

Kilties yeah. not Rice calling Dan on Hop

• Like 1

9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

This seems to be acceptable practice in many circles these days.

Anonymously, of course, with great tales and words of warning.

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

i'm all about talking about it IF the accuser has credible information. i was once accused, and it turned out the kid admitting to making it up for revenge. i fought like hell to clear my name. one false accusation can destroy people's lives, so i am ok if DCP is hesitant to put stuff up that hasn't been fully vetted

• Like 3