Cadets and YEA new path forward

1 hour ago, garfield said:

This seems to be acceptable practice in many circles these days.

Anonymously, of course, with great tales and words of warning.

lets be honest...going public creates backlash towards those people who do come forward. we have seen it here. 

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, garfield said:

This seems to be acceptable practice in many circles these days.

Anonymously, of course, with great tales and words of warning.

Anonymous does open a can of worms with fake accusations. But it does protect from retribution if you turn in a boss or co-worker. 
I reported fraud years back and found out later an upper manager was involved. My career would have been over if he ever found out. Someone tell Rand Paul (ducks)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My concern is the method of trying to flush this out ends up turning people away who would/could help. 

for example.... apparently you are one of the abuse enablers who worships the Cadets. Well everyone on dcp is that also.

Why do you allow yourself to get dragged into the mud with that poster?  We got called a name. So what. Ignore it.  There’s a much more important discussion there than reacting to being called a hop supporter / enabler. 

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

lets be honest...going publish creates backlash towards those people who do come forward. we have seen it here. 

I'm always honest.

Going public isn't always the antiseptic sunshine it's intended to be.  And, when calm heads prevail, finger-pointers without substantive proof become targets.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Why do you allow yourself to get dragged into the mud with that poster?  We got called a name. So what. Ignore it.  There’s a much more important discussion there than reacting to being called a hop supporter / enabler. 

Name calling wasn’t my concern. Have just seen too many people get turned off from doing the right thing by crap like this. IOW doing more harm than good....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

10 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Why don’t you just have that discussion then instead of belittling others based on your own unfamiliarity with the specifics of what they are referring to?

By analogy, you can have a meaningful discussion about the dangers of communism without attacking anyone who has a genuine concern about McCarthyism.  

18 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Name calling wasn’t my concern. Have just seen too many people get turned off from helping good groups by crap like this. IOW doing more harm than good....

Yep.  There’s a reason we have SWAT teams instead of just strapping a machine gun to a fire hose.  

2 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Yep.  There’s a reason we have SWAT teams instead of just strapping a machine gun to a fire hose.  

Picturing the local FD with a machine gun yow...

Seriously just shaking my head that telling someone to go to the cops gets you called an enabler to a predator. And we wonder why people don’t try to help.