Cadets and YEA new path forward

35 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Why don’t you just have that discussion then instead of belittling others based on your own unfamiliarity with the specifics of what they are referring to?  

Ummm.  What?

Anyway, I sure hope each and every corps has Implemented very strict guidance regarding staff / member and member / member interactions. Never again should a staff member be allowed to be in direct contact with a corps member in a private setting. 

1 hour ago, garfield said:

I'm always honest.

Going public isn't always the antiseptic sunshine it's intended to be.  And, when calm heads prevail, finger-pointers without substantive proof become targets.

Terri and Jim were quite public about Larson, all of which was readily available in a simple web search.

i called out Atchison on here....Hop even rushed in to defend him and Cadets nation lapped it up and called me a hater.

the people that brought up Moody or Morrison at Crossmen...flack, mocked ignored.

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps a dumb question here...

But what would happen if the USBands circuit folds?

I know other circuits already have picked up some bands from USBands after the 2018 situation... but can they absorb even more, or would another circuit spring up?

I know... a lot of "please predict the future for me" stuff here... but I was just wondering.

40 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Ummm.  What?

Anyway, I sure hope each and every corps has Implemented very strict guidance regarding staff / member and member / member interactions. Never again should a staff member be allowed to be in direct contact with a corps member in a private setting. 

To the first part, has to be seen to be believed on that site. If you read a post saying “.... did something bad with someone” (no other info) and don’t call the cops immediately you’re enabling and “blood on your hands”. 

Agree with second part. Was on council at my former church when we implemented child safety rules as per our insurance company. Amazing how much is common sense but no one thought about it or was afraid to bring it up. Adult/child interaction basically came down to background checks (tell church grandmas they need them 🥵) and no private one on one interaction (ya need a witness to protect both child and adult). Sure as hades we had to tell a guy to quit being over huggy with the female teen youth group people. Wonder how far he got with his lawsuit against us...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

10 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I know other circuits already have picked up some bands from USBands after the 2018 situation... but can they absorb even more, or would another circuit spring up?

I know... a lot of "please predict the future for me" stuff here... but I was just wondering.

other circuits have sprung up. one of the people listed on the USBands advisory board after everything exploded must not have been happy because they created a circuit in MD. now apparently theres a new one in NJ. TOB and Cavalcade grew. what makes it really hard is all but TOB share judges with everywhere in the world, and the pool of available and hopefully qualified bodies up here is only so deep. Many of these circuits listed also have judges working with NY and VA circuits too.....and USBands

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Many bands that compete in US Bands are competing and performing in other circuits during the competitive season. Other than CT. almost evry other state US Bands are in, have one or more other circuits to compete in.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

There is sexual abuse going on in the drum corps activity- I said drum corps, not “Cadets”, that hasn’t been fully flushed out and eliminated. And it appears we don’t want to talk about it when we get so darned defensive  

As can be seen since the GH situation started, as long as there is verifiable evidence it has been posted and discussed here on DCP. "Verifiable" is the key; people can't just come on here and say anything they want about anyone they want.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, garfield said:

This seems to be acceptable practice in many circles these days.

Anonymously, of course, with great tales and words of warning.

Well, obviously when there is corrupt or seriously improper behavior that should be exposed to public scrutiny, it's always best when someone comes forward under their own name. But often those people fear reprisal.

7 hours ago, garfield said:

I'm always honest.

Going public isn't always the antiseptic sunshine it's intended to be.  And, when calm heads prevail, finger-pointers without substantive proof become targets.

Agreed. This goes back to "could" vs ."should", as Jeff said.