Cadets and YEA new path forward

Mod hat here:

Please try and wind this thread back to the Cadets/YEA moving forward and away from a generic rehashing of past events, unless they impact the future of either organization. 

Also, please do not include purely political thoughts in posts; these are against DCP guidelines. 

22 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Perhaps a dumb question here...

But what would happen if the USBands circuit folds?

I know other circuits already have picked up some bands from USBands after the 2018 situation... but can they absorb even more, or would another circuit spring up?

I know... a lot of "please predict the future for me" stuff here... but I was just wondering.

I know the school I worked with left USBands after 2018 and joined a new circuit in Virginia.  Many others in Northern VA did the same.  I doubt there will be any issues with other circuits absorbing bands if USBands truly folds.  Over the past few years, we noticed the quantity of bands at USBands competitions dropping in Virginia and the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia.

• Like 1

I have to say... as an alum, the presentation that was made this weekend and live streamed on facebook left me incredibly... disappointed? I feel more pessimistic now about our chances of making it than I did before I saw the video. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

I have to say... as an alum, the presentation that was made this weekend and live streamed on facebook left me incredibly... disappointed? I feel more pessimistic now about our chances of making it than I did before I saw the video. 

Why?

15 hours ago, MikeD said:

Mod hat here:

Please try and wind this thread back to the Cadets/YEA moving forward and away from a generic rehashing of past events, unless they impact the future of either organization. 

Also, please do not include purely political thoughts in posts; these are against DCP guidelines. 

:whistle::master::angel1::peek::notme:

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, MikeD said:

Mod hat here:

What about political thoughts that aren't so pure?

I'll show myself out...

• Haha 3