Cadets and YEA new path forward

5 hours ago, cage said:

Aren't all the fundraisers the same ones they have done in the past?

100% they have no NEW fundraisers or streamline of money coming in for 2020

Just now, lifeisaround said:

100% they have no NEW fundraisers or streamline of money coming in for 2020

That's what I thought

4 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

Not enough information about what is actually happening with the organization. None of that information gave me confidence that they are going to be okay. When the management team did not do enough research about a 501c3 and that they do need it to be able to fundraise. The fact that they did not answer how are they allowed to be in world class with a brand new 501c3 after the DCI rule changes... 

So many questions that were asked to a simple "We dont see any questions..." and ends the call before Denise can even say bye.... Wow... Not sure if thats the face you want to put for your first meeting as the new cadets! 

Shockingly predictable! A monumental failure. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recap:

• Introduce the leadership team - Denise, Justin, Brad, Ron
  • March 31 transition to a new organization
  • 501 c 3 not yet handled but definitely will by March 31
  • "Most" copyrights to show music have been obtained
  • Guard is 50% contracted
  • Percussion full
  • Brass "down to single-digit holes"
  • Brass knows 33% of the show
  • Things are "going great" WRT the corps and the show
  • Spring training site TBD
  • "95%" of sponsors are "the same;" Denise "can't disclose" the few changes
  • New board TBA March 31
  • No new fundraising initiatives; same stuff: M&G, Power the Cadets; March-a-thon forms

Commentary:

• What are they doing? In any organization the BOARD is first and the BOARD hires the management team, not the other way around! The managers work FOR THE BOARD.
  • The COO has a "consulting company" that "supports non-profits." Uh.... what?
  • No spring training site?! IT'S LESS THAN 90 DAYS AWAY!
  • I feel exactly zero confidence in donating to this organization which hasn't provided any clear answers about whether it is a non-profit charity or not
  • ####
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, exitmusic said:

Recap:

• Percussion full
  • New board TBA March 31
  • No new fundraising initiatives; same stuff: M&G, Power the Cadets; March-a-thon forms

Commentary:

• What are they doing? In any organization the BOARD is first and the BOARD hires the management team, not the other way around! The managers work FOR THE BOARD.
  • I feel exactly zero confidence in donating to this organization which hasn't provided any clear answers about whether it is a non-profit charity or not
  • ####

This is literally perfect and lets not forget the COO/CFO has no, nada, nothing on business/finance or honestly running a drum corps. He joined YEA! in 2016 as the IT guy when George Hired him... Took over director of ops after sean king was in and out.... and now landed this gig... 

When you promote within and hire the board to do what you say and not to help you run an organization... BIG YIKES! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

Recap:

• Percussion full
  • New board TBA March 31

Commentary:

• ####

thanks for the summary - I had done a similar one in the other thread

agree on your concerns - however I have confidence in Denise and many others involved SO I am donating (a modest 3 digit monthly donation) but will increase that if/when more details are announced

they can gain much more goodwill and confidence on or by March 31st but announcing a STRONG board of directors that exudes confidence, independence and expertise -  that would be huge for the future

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

thanks for the summary - I had done a similar one in the other thread

agree on your concerns - however I have confidence in Denise and many others involved SO I am donating (a modest 3 digit monthly donation) but will increase that if/when more details are announced

they can gain much more goodwill and confidence on or by March 31st but announcing a STRONG board of directors that exudes confidence, independence and expertise -  that would be huge for the future

but why wasn't the board already in place?! that alone makes me think this is a bit of a banana republic. one of the main criticisms that haunted GH was that the board worked for him (and enabled him), rather than the correct way around. if you're gonna start fresh, DO IT RIGHT, and we have not done that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, exitmusic said:

but why wasn't the board already in place?! that alone makes me think this is a bit of a banana republic. one of the main criticisms that haunted GH was that the board worked for him (and enabled him), rather than the correct way around. if you're gonna start fresh, DO IT RIGHT, and we have not done that.

there are several already in place and the selection process is underway - I know of two personally. 

I agree with you the BOD should have been announced THEN this... 

I think some of this is a nature of the short time line they are working with... not a great excuse but probably the reality

But I share your observation and concern and will be most interested when the BOD becomes announced

• Thanks 1