Cadets and YEA new path forward

It is almost like he knew we were talking about him. Just dropped a new post complaining about the Cadets schedule this season and his opinions. ha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The overhead racks worked for me.

Lol, my wife always wondered how I could go to sleep sitting upright on a bus. Secret is sit near the wheels. Sound and vibrations lull me to sleep 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

The overhead racks worked for me.

Me too, when they were available.  Prized turf.  LOL.

I HATED sleeping on a bus... even on the "weekend warrior" bus rides in DCA.  Could never quite get comfortable, except on the rare occasions when I had the entire seat to myself.

My last few years with my DCA corps, I started driving the corps truck from time to time. Beat the heck out of those bus rides.

Edited by Fran Haring

5 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Me too, when they were available.  Prized turf.  LOL.

I HATED sleeping on a bus... even on the "weekend warrior" bus rides in DCA.  Could never quite get comfortable, except on the rare occasions when I had the entire seat to myself.

My last few years with my DCA corps, I started driving the corps truck from time to time. Beat the heck out of those bus rides.

I was just a rookie, so getting the racks was out of the question, even for a snare drummer ( HA!) -- So I went low. My aunt met me in NC and hooked me up with an awesome blanket that easily doubled as thin bedding for a bus floor in between seats or in the actual aisle. I was tough that summer.. a trampling now and then never even woke me up.

On 2/25/2020 at 7:37 AM, Tim K said:

The person I was responding to mentioned rehearsals of the 80’s/90’s, but since that time DCI implemented new policies regarding rehearsal time, sleep time, travel time, health and wellness, etc. Cadets, along with everyone else, has to determine the best use of rehearsal time within these guidelines. To be fair too, what corps did overall in the 80’s/90’s was different from what we would saw ten years ago and different from today.

I do not believe there are any official policies from DCI on these topics.  I may be wrong.  Travel time changes are related to DOT regulations requiring electronic logging, not a DCI mandate.

2 hours ago, TwoValves said:

I do not believe there are any official policies from DCI on these topics.  I may be wrong.  Travel time changes are related to DOT regulations requiring electronic logging, not a DCI mandate.

I’m not sure if you were following these threads last year, but travel time, rehearsal time, health and wellness, and background checks were huge topics at the DCI Januals of 2019 and subsequently the discussions on DCP. 

On 2/25/2020 at 12:55 PM, inbetween said:

It is almost like he knew we were talking about him. Just dropped a new post complaining about the Cadets schedule this season and his opinions. ha! 

Post a link please?