Cadets and YEA new path forward

2 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

In the words of Stephan; Cadets, Cadets, Cadets! Then he said Home, Home, Home! We laughed 🤭 

I gotta have a drink (or 10) with you guys someday. LOL

• Like 1

You have your sunshine pumpers and your dark clouds here. Is there no one who can provide a neutral assessment of things? 

18 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

You have your sunshine pumpers and your dark clouds here. Is there no one who can provide a neutral assessment of things? 

I feel I do. They've got their work cut out for them - and anyone involved in something like this knows that

However I greatly believe in a couple of the executive folks, and the couple I'm already aware will be on the BOD

The BOD will be more "Inspire like" than "YEA like" particularly the kangaroo BOD BITD

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

100% they have no NEW fundraisers or streamline of money coming in for 2020

they didn't say that & they implied the opposite actually - discussing alumni events and a BOD dedicated to growing the financial health and foundation of the organization

they also went somewhat into depth on installing a business management software package that would streamline financial matters and internal communication - eliminating the need for a "data entry person"

finally they discussed leveraging more completely their massive alumni through alumni events spread throughout the country

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

I love how someone replied to the chat saying they don't need to be a 501c3 to fundraise... but.... Fundraising requires fulfilling several legal requirements. The first requirement has to do with becoming a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity. This designation allows a charity to tell its donors that their contributions may be tax-deductible.

just a stab in the dark that you were the "Harrison" in the live chat box asking again and again about 501c3? 

they DID answer the repeated question of being able to fundraise and ensured that they were in a place to legally accept them - the question was just asked (by you?) in five different ways

bottomline is - if you aren't comfortable "to donate" DO NOT DONATE. Simple as that. Perhaps once the new BOD is announced and things become more "official" on 3/31/2020 you can make your massive donation at that time... 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I'm not sunshine pumpers or dark clouds. But I have been to every camp (except the Florida camp) and the Cadets are in very good shape. And that's the simple truth...not an agenda. Does the management team have work to do? Yes they do; however, this team is qualified and ready to move upward. I have more faith in the current management team and staff than probably...ever!

• Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, dans said:

I'm not sunshine pumpers or dark clouds. But I have been to every camp (except the Florida camp) and the Cadets are in very good shape. And that's the simple truth...not an agenda. Does the management team have work to do? Yes they do; however, this team is qualified and ready to move upward. I have more faith in the current management team and staff than probably...ever!

When you say - work to do - are you meaning financially?  Or at the marching members side of it, such as talent, preparation, things like that?  Or some of both?  I’m getting hints the most work to do is in the administration/financial health side of the house versus the on-the-field product. Is that how you see it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

just a stab in the dark that you were the "Harrison" in the live chat box asking again and again about 501c3? 

they DID answer the repeated question of being able to fundraise and ensured that they were in a place to legally accept them - the question was just asked (by you?) in five different ways

bottomline is - if you aren't comfortable "to donate" DO NOT DONATE. Simple as that. Perhaps once the new BOD is announced and things become more "official" on 3/31/2020 you can make your massive donation at that time... 

Cadets can fundraise without a 501c3. The bottom line is the DONOR cannot take any tax credit without the 501c3. Be careful if you donate now as your donation would not be tax deductible. My recommendation would be wait to donate until they have their non-profit status confirmed.

I know with the IRS that can take several months or longer. Especially if you are a new identity with no previous filings.

• Like 1