Cadets and YEA new path forward

15 hours ago, jonwoody said:

Saturday I came across a post from Hopkins on Facebook. His train is off the track lol. Sounds like one of the sunday morning pastors begging for forgiveness from someone who is not listening. Sad in a way.

You should see the rants in "his" cadets group. He really thinks he isn't responsible for what they are going through. It just magically happened after he was fired. 

• Like 2

didn't state a single word of any negativity toward The Cadets.  In fact, several of my former students marched with the corps as recently as this past year and plan to march again this coming year.  The path forward was my original discussion. The fact that there is a "Path Forward" is a positive. 

Let's try to keep that in mind.

It's a fair discussion wherever it takes place. Frankly I'm glad the discussion is happening - it's a key part of the path forward. 

my original point was that prior to you opening this thread there was already a lot of discussion in the main thread about this topic so it was duplicative 

never thought you were being negative and never said you were - OTHERS were

27 minutes ago, inbetween said:

You should see the rants in "his" cadets group. He really thinks he isn't responsible for what they are going through. It just magically happened after he was fired. 

God complex -

A god complex is an unshakable belief characterized by consistently inflated feelings of personal ability, privilege, or infallibility. A person with a god complex may refuse to admit the possibility of their error or failure, even in the face of irrefutable evidence, intractable problems or difficult or impossible tasks. The person is also highly dogmatic in their views, meaning the person speaks of their personal opinions as though they were unquestionably correct.[1] Someone with a god complex may exhibit no regard for the conventions and demands of society, and may request special consideration or privileges.[1]

my view: Once (hopefully) the Cadets start moving forward successfully (June??!!) and put a quality product on the field and chart a solid volunteer/financial future he will "move on" since the "evidence" will no longer reinforce the God complex. Unfortunately 2018/19 results have only served to reinforce the self-perspective 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, inbetween said:

It’s amazing how oblivious one can be in regards to all the pain they’ve caused.  He left a mess for many “someone else’s” to clean up.  And feels no remorse.  I guess narcissism and sociopathic behavior runs deep in him. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, inbetween said:

Read your post... then went and read that stuff on FB.

Wow. Holy mackerel.

10 minutes of my life I can't get back.  LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

God complex -

A god complex is an unshakable belief characterized by consistently inflated feelings of personal ability, privilege, or infallibility. A person with a god complex may refuse to admit the possibility of their error or failure, even in the face of irrefutable evidence, intractable problems or difficult or impossible tasks. The person is also highly dogmatic in their views, meaning the person speaks of their personal opinions as though they were unquestionably correct.[1] Someone with a god complex may exhibit no regard for the conventions and demands of society, and may request special consideration or privileges.[1]

my view: Once (hopefully) the Cadets start moving forward successfully (June??!!) and put a quality product on the field and chart a solid volunteer/financial future he will "move on" since the "evidence" will no longer reinforce the God complex. Unfortunately 2018/19 results have only served to reinforce the self-perspective 

Hmmmmmm...alot of that goin around lately

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, inbetween said:

I'm in the "From the Eyes of GH" group but can't see his posts. PM me a link

1 hour ago, inbetween said:

everything good=him

everything bad= alumni out to get him, judges that cant judge, online haters

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

God complex -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g2dkDh4ov4