Cadets and YEA new path forward

9 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

This is how I measure drum corps. I was at a drum corps party this weekend. The main event was watching last year’s Blu Rays. But the party went in for a day and a half. When not watching last year’s shows, we would call out shows from the entire Legacy Collection and every year since. We watched somewhere in the neighborhood of 16 hours of drum corps, and we were an eclectic group. Know what no one asked for? Any of the Cadet shows that have recently been poked fun of. Sorry, but they just didn’t stand the test of time. Regardless, I want to see a truly vintage Cadets show this year that is worthy of their greatest shows. I do not want to see a NPR show, nor do I want to see a Stoned show ever again. But I would love to see a classic Cadets show. 

I'll say it again/ How many corps would have loved to suck as bad as Cadets in the past..this includes many in the top 1/2

As far as Cadet classics,  with any corps I think we could debate whats a classic and to others what isn't, Lets let Cadets be what they want to be and just be the best and what they choose. I don't think anyone could or should ask anything more of ANY corps. JMO

Now, lol, watching 16 hours of drum corps is another story. I have been involved forever and still am I donl't think I can watch anything close to 1/4 of that.lol..now that deserves an award..lol

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

I'll say it again/ How many corps would have loved to suck as bad as Cadets in the past..this includes many in the top 1/2

As far as Cadet classics,  with any corps I think we could debate whats a classic and to others what isn't, Lets let Cadets be what they want to be and just be the best and what they choose. I don't think anyone could or should ask anything more of ANY corps. JMO

Now, lol, watching 16 hours of drum corps is another story. I have been involved forever and still am I donl't think I can watch anything close to 1/4 of that.lol..now that deserves an award..lol

Fair enough. But you haven’t lived until you have watched 1976 Seneca Optimists at hour 14!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Can’t sit that many hours now lol. My fun with prelims is to see what the lesser corps can do with unbalanced horn/drum lines and where they were previous year. Dunno anymore it’s more interesting to me than bunch of corps with full lines and staff, one after another.

Cadets will be interesting based on staff and management turnover and how Corps members handle the bs of non corps members squawking. Personally I’d be “just shaddup and let us do our thing”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

There is another factor to keep in mind. I have the complete Legacy series as well as each BluRay or DVD of finals. Some amazing shows live are not that amazing on DVD, at least not in my opinion, and other shows are better than I remember. I do tend to agree with those who say the best Cadets shows were prior to 2001, though some fine shows came after that time too, but in general my favorite drum corps shows of just about every corps tended to be in the 80’s to mid 90’s, though I will say if I were at Jurassic Lancer’s watch party, I could not imagine requesting 2010, 2015-2017, though 2014 had its critics and I loved that show.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tim K said:

There is another factor to keep in mind. I have the complete Legacy series as well as each BluRay or DVD of finals. Some amazing shows live are not that amazing on DVD, at least not in my opinion, and other shows are better than I remember. I do tend to agree with those who say the best Cadets shows were prior to 2001, though some fine shows came after that time too, but in general my favorite drum corps shows of just about every corps tended to be in the 80’s to mid 90’s, though I will say if I were at Jurassic Lancer’s watch party, I could not imagine requesting 2010, 2015-2017, though 2014 had its critics and I loved that show.

Personally I tend to look at shows very differently .I don't look at the shows of decades ago the same as In look at shows of today. Maybe it has something to do with I have been involved in many ways over the decades winter, summer and fall and I think maybe had to separate and detach to move to the next thing ..Who knows..lol

I know I don't look at 1 better than the other just different and great on their own merits . Of course it also doesn't mean everything is good but I always believe yesterday or today , there is enough for everyone's liking.

• Like 4

On 3/1/2020 at 11:59 PM, Jeff Ream said:

You have awakened.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

You have awakened.

watching it i wish i had been stoned. multiple ways

• Like 1
  • Haha 3