Cadets and YEA new path forward

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

We haven’t.  We’re in Indian Shores on vacay for two weeks.  Lakewood Ranch is about an hour away. 

So just because I was down that direction a couple of years ago with Britt...if you get a chance to try some D**n Yankee IPA from Southern Barrel Brewing Company, I highly suggest it. Nothing goes better with drum corps camps. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

What did you do on vacation... watch drum corps! Almost did that years ago in Canada. Drove by a stadium near Toronto and saw a corps on the field. Found out later it was a major competition. If only there had been the internet to tell us we would have rescheduled whatever the heck we did that day.

Mostly, we’ve been walking down Gulf Blvd and eating too much.   Starvation will be my only friend when I get home. 

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

So. Decided to check camp out today at Lakewood ranch... 

not sure if putting your camp in Florida then having less than 50 brass show up.... 

now, I don’t know if that’s 50 new brass players or not but...  I don’t know if that’s a successful camp from a “top 12 organization” 

Ron, the assistant director(?) who’s below the director of ops(?) unfortunately had to do double duty of band director and try and run camp? Kind of(?)

i wish some of yall were there to observe, that is all. Excited for this call and to see how they will have money to go on the road this year and at least remain on the same level of quality of the top 12! 

Interesting- your posting history is lately 100%. negative regarding Cadets and yet you run to a satellite brass camp in FL (which some folks were excused from) and we are supposed to be shocked your take is 100% negative?  Hardly! 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Interesting- your posting history is lately 100%. negative regarding Cadets and yet you run to a satellite brass camp in FL (which some folks were excused from) and we are supposed to be shocked your take is 100% negative?  Hardly! 

All posts and posters who raise concerns must be attacked

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FTNK said:

All posts and posters who raise concerns must be attacked

Saying someone has been 100% negative is context, not an attack

Edited by George Dixon

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Since it has been noted by lifeisaround that there were less than 50 brass, I’m curious as to how many brass players were excused from this mandatory brass camp. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Since it has been noted by lifeisaround that there were less than 50 brass, I’m curious as to how many brass players were excused from this mandatory brass camp. 

There’s a webinar Thursday night - you should ask. Their latest recruiting says a “few” spots remain. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I thought his post was observational.  Not specifically negative. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1