Broken Arrow Show

Herk

For the first time since my son's rookie year with BK in 2012, I will NOT go to DATR.  Instead, he and I will make the drive to Broken Arrow for that show.  There are a couple reasons for this, but the main one is the lineup.  The Broken Arrow show simply has better corps performing, while still being able to see BK.

So...I'm looking for suggestions...where to stay, good places to eat, etc.

15 hours ago, Herk said:

For the first time since my son's rookie year with BK in 2012, I will NOT go to DATR.  Instead, he and I will make the drive to Broken Arrow for that show.  There are a couple reasons for this, but the main one is the lineup.  The Broken Arrow show simply has better corps performing, while still being able to see BK.

If you want to eat in Broken Arrow proper, "downtown" BA has a couple good places: Andolini's pizza and Franklin's barbecue. Nearer to the stadium (though not really walking distance), you'll find suburbia chain restaurants.

Otherwise, if you haven't spent much time in Tulsa before, there are some great options in downtown Tulsa (e.g., Laffa Medi-Eastern) and on Cherry Street (e.g., Roosevelt's Gastropub). Great examples of art deco in downtown, including a couple buildings reconfigured to hotel chains in old art deco buildings. It's about 20 minutes away from the stadium. 

17 hours ago, Herk said:

I've flown in and out several times for this show...

Broken Arrow has all the usual chain hotels etc. For a basic clean stay Hilton Garden Inn is solid there

Food - Smokies BBQ and Main Street Tavern (a beer place)

I absolutely LOVE their stadium. GREAT venue!

Enjoy :)

i'm just hoping the live stream is better than a few years ago!

• Like 2