Cadets July 29 show location?

Just now, George Dixon said:

corps got kicked off the field mid show due to "damage" the team officials saw during intermission

Wow! My family members wouldn't let that happen at  https://audifielddc.com/ They know soccer cleats do more damage than Dinkles.

3 minutes ago, boxingfred said:

Wow! My family members wouldn't let that happen at  https://audifielddc.com/ They know soccer cleats do more damage than Dinkles.

No kidding. I can't imagine 6 corps doing THAT much damage to a field even in full beast mode. It brings my memory back to that AWFUL turf at Legion Field in Birmingham. I'm glad it's mostly grass now even if grass apparently isn't what it used to be from the above Chester report. 

11 minutes ago, leed17 said:

Dinkles weren’t the problem at Chester...large props with wheels that put ruts in the field were.

That makes far more sense and I didn't even think about it. 

1 minute ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

That makes far more sense and I didn't even think about it. 

It was the Cavies large train prop that dug the field up at Chester...then during  intermission they inspected the field, saw Boston trying to bring on their large peg board props with wheels next, and that was it.  Standstill time for the rest of the evening.  And I doubt there will ever be a drum corps or marching band show there again...sad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leed17 said:

Dinkles weren’t the problem at Chester...large props with wheels that put ruts in the field were.

I understand that but, that's what insurance is for.

4 hours ago, leed17 said:

Hmmmm... another possible reason why corps would have problems finding practice fields and housing?

1 hour ago, boxingfred said:

I understand that but, that's what insurance is for.

And then your rates go up next year after filing a claim, but the football organization is still unhappy and they are football fields, not marching band fields so their voices will be heard more loudly.

• Like 1