Now that Breakdancing is an Olympic Sport

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Have you visited New York or Cali lately? 

I've lived in California L.A./Orange County my entire life, and my mother's family is from Summit N.J., so been to NY too many times to count.  

Breakdancing?  Who?  Where?  

Didn't it end around the time Fresh Prince of Bel Air went off the air?

Maybe they meant Hip-Hop.......?   

• Haha 1

Just now, greg_orangecounty said:

I've lived in California L.A./Orange County my entire life, and my mother's family is from Summit N.J., so been to NY too many times to count.  

Breakdancing?  Who?  Where?  

Didn't it end around the time Fresh Prince of Bel Air went off the air?

Maybe they meant Hip-Hop.......?   

There's a reason breakdancing is in the Olympics...

The IOC is always concerned about the total number of athletes participating in a particular Olympic Games. All athletes have to be taken care in the Olympic village with dorm rooms and meals for the two-week duration of the Games. Currently, the team sport with the largest number of athletes per team allowed is ice hockey (20 members). Drum corps upper limit is 150 x the number of countries. Ain't gonna happen.

4 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

The same reason drum corps has evolved? To remain relevant and keep young people interested? 

Exactly. Not many people know about drum corps, but it still thrives. Not many people think break dancing still goes on, but it thrives. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That is HUGE down here where we are vacationing.  Every 55+ community has a pickleball court. 

Sun River 55+ community    https://www.pickleballchannel.com/Aerial-SunRiver-St-George

Little Valley in St. George     https://vimeo.com/210283403

Plus, other courts throughout the St. G area.  I watched some guys in their 40's playing once.  They stood on the inside line hitting it back and forth waiting for someone to make a mistake.  Very little movement for 20 seconds or so.  I think their ratings were 4.5.   If I were to play, it would have to be singles.

On 2/16/2020 at 11:46 AM, greg_orangecounty said:

why isn't indoor Winter Guard?  It could be done as a winter or summer event.  Ron Nankervis needs to get on that and make it happen.  Pronto.  

And after that, Drum Corps. Start it off as an exhibition and by 2028 in Los Angeles a full-blown event.

Who knew Breakdancing was still a thing?

You want Olympic judging? Aren’t there enough complaints about judging now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1