Ladies and Gentlemen, THE PINKCOATS!

Does anyone else think after the Beatles, 2020 would be a good year for a Pink Floyd show for Blooo?  It could be called The Pinkcoats or Pink Side of the Moon.  They could march in chanting “We don’t need no education”, build a wall slowly to create sets with huge white bricks. or even have a flying pig.  “Time” and “Money” could make great productions.  “Money” would have a great funky tuba background and the sax solo would sound great on trumpet.  “Breathe”, “Us Or Them”, or “Comfortably Numb” would make a great ballad.  “On The Run” or “Welcome To The Machine” could show off their difficult side, with cool electronic effects.  “Eclipse” would be a powerful closer.  What does anyone else think?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skeletor '96 said:

Does anyone else think after the Beatles, 2020 would be a good year for a Pink Floyd show for Blooo?  It could be called The Pinkcoats or Pink Side of the Moon.  They could march in chanting “We don’t need no education”, build a wall slowly to create sets with huge white bricks. or even have a flying pig.  “Time” and “Money” could make great productions.  “Money” would have a great funky tuba background and the sax solo would sound great on trumpet.  “Breathe”, “Us Or Them”, or “Comfortably Numb” would make a great ballad.  “On The Run” or “Welcome To The Machine” could show off their difficult side, with cool electronic effects.  “Eclipse” would be a powerful closer.  What does anyone else think?

They played some Pink Floyd in 2016.  I love Pink Floyd.  I go to every Brit Floyd show when they come through Chicago. 

21 minutes ago, Skeletor '96 said:

Sounds good to me, but I have no vote in it.  What matters is what the judges (and copyright holders) think.

I would certainly be in support of it. But if I've learned anything about the Bluecoats design team these last few years is that I expect a complete departure from last year. As successful as last year's show was, I expect a complete 180 from last year. 
A show like Pink Floyd to many would feel like an attempt to recreate something special from last year. It wouldn't surprise me if they went with a story show or a completely aggressive concept just to separate themselves from last year. 

They've surprised me these last 4 years with terrific shows and have no doubt next year they'll do it to me again. Unfortunately last year's show was so special for me it's going to be hard to top it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, East9900 said:

I would certainly be in support of it. But if I've learned anything about the Bluecoats design team these last few years is that I expect a complete departure from last year. As successful as last year's show was, I expect a complete 180 from last year. 
A show like Pink Floyd to many would feel like an attempt to recreate something special from last year. It wouldn't surprise me if they went with a story show or a completely aggressive concept just to separate themselves from last year. 

They've surprised me these last 4 years with terrific shows and have no doubt next year they'll do it to me again. Unfortunately last year's show was so special for me it's going to be hard to top it.

I agree.  They’ll do a hard U-turn from what they did last year. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, East9900 said:

I am often impressed with Bluecoats originality. I also see them doing shows in pairs. 2014/2015 had similarities though they were very different shows. Same with 2016 and 2017 and 2018 and 2019, so whatever 2029 brings, and I’m sure it will be amazing, will probably be a departure. 

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I agree.  They’ll do a hard U-turn from what they did last year. 

Are you saying it’s a long and winding road for the Bluecoats?

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1