"THEY'RE ALWAYS READY!!!"

I'm not a fan of the shouting in the middle of shows (e.g., the aforementioned Crystal, Frank, and the baby) apart from a well-timed "Vanguard!" or "Holy Name!" -- those tend to fit.

As for pre-show shouts, I just wish there was more variety. Only one group should get to use "They're always ready!" The rest need to come up with their own reply.

At least it's not like marching band, where 75% of the performances at any competition are proceeded by repeated "Give me a __!" leading to "What's that spell?"

(And inevitably there's a handful of times each year where the cheerleading parent misspells the name.)

Let’s go Hawthorne” still happens at DCA shows

and of course Vaaaaaaaannnnnnnngggggggguuuuuuuaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddddd

42 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Let’s go Hawthorne” still happens at DCA shows

and of course Vaaaaaaaannnnnnnngggggggguuuuuuuaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddddd

That's the only one I've ever done I'm proud to say.  (Oh, yeah, and there was that one time I said "CRYSTAL!".)

6 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Someone should ask if Brandt Crocker is ready...to retire.

He ruined himself 20 years ago. Awful.

Why?  As they say, "You know it's a big show if Brandt Crocker's the announcer."

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Let’s go Hawthorne” still happens at DCA shows and of course Vaaaaaaaannnnnnnngggggggguuuuuuuaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddddd

The crowd on Finals night 08 yelling "I am Spartacus" is number 1 in my book.

• Like 2

A contributor to this forum mentioned hearing  the famous shout out in the 1970's..If any of you still have vinyl  you can hear it in the 60's ..particularly  recordings of the DREAM in jersey city..peace

16 hours ago, Skeletor '96 said:

Why?  As they say, "You know it's a big show if Brandt Crocker's the announcer."

He's awful.

18 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

He's awful.

I tend to agree he’s taken it too far with the gravely voice and over the top stuff and now seems stuck with it. In the earlier recordings he sounds so much more professional. 

Edited by HockeyDad

23 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

I remember Dave St.Angel yelling it at us on the starting line in the early 70’s

He was a great guy.  He wrote our drill and taught us in 1977.  I learned more about marching and drum corps In general,  from him than anyone else. 

• Like 1