"THEY'RE ALWAYS READY!!!"

1984 Blue Devils soprano!  You guys had possibly the biggest Rip The Skin Off Your Face hornlines of all time!  One of the Devils' greatest shows ever!  (That pesky Tony and Maria shouldn't have held you from first.  Groundbreaker, my a**.)

11 hours ago, Skeletor '96 said:

1984 Blue Devils soprano!  You guys had possibly the biggest Rip The Skin Off Your Face hornlines of all time!  One of the Devils' greatest shows ever!  (That pesky Tony and Maria shouldn't have held you from first.  Groundbreaker, my a**.)

On behalf of the other 61 brass blasters in that line, thanks!

A little fun fact re 04 Dream.

That little Playboy bunnyhead jewelry I was wearing around my neck?  I later gave it to Miss August 1987, the late Sharry Konopski, when I gave her a fencing lesson in her wheelchair a year or so later.

Why Sharry?   She had briefly been in the color guard of the Longview Mauraders (although her father pulled her from the corps for financial reasons before tour)...85 or 86, IIRC.

• Like 1

First time I heard "They're Always Ready" was 1977. I was marching in a Color Guard from Washington DC. 

On 2/27/2020 at 4:26 PM, 84BDsop said:

A little fun fact re 04 Dream.

That little Playboy bunnyhead jewelry I was wearing around my neck?  I later gave it to Miss August 1987, the late Sharry Konopski, when I gave her a fencing lesson in her wheelchair a year or so later.

Why Sharry?   She had briefly been in the color guard of the Longview Mauraders (although her father pulled her from the corps for financial reasons before tour)...85 or 86, IIRC.

I didn't know you conducted Dream in '04 Sam. That was a fun show and was my first year in DCA after my 14 year hiatus from drum corps. Great year even though we were busy "finishing 10th (or later 9th) so you don't have to." The following year, I became friends with Kelly Houpt from Renegades (and maybe that whole BD snare line from '82. she was in...but who's counting that old nut.)

11 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I didn't know you conducted Dream in '04 Sam. That was a fun show and was my first year in DCA after my 14 year hiatus from drum corps. Great year even though we were busy "finishing 10th (or later 9th) so you don't have to." The following year, I became friends with Kelly Houpt from Renegades (and maybe that whole BD snare line from '82. she was in...but who's counting that old nut.)

The 04 show was fun...I only wish we'd brought our podium (actually, we were using Impulse's) because Gulf Coast Sound's was really wobbly!  One of the planks shifted on me at one point...not fun.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

The 04 show was fun...I only wish we'd brought our podium (actually, we were using Impulse's) because Gulf Coast Sound's was really wobbly!  One of the planks shifted on me at one point...not fun.

Drum Corps prior to OSHA safety standards LOL. I would be surprised if there weren't regulations now in place for safety on that stuff. 

2 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Drum Corps prior to OSHA safety standards LOL. I would be surprised if there weren't regulations now in place for safety on that stuff. 

I remember Skyliners' podium actually had a brace at the back....scary.'

On 2/22/2020 at 6:23 AM, Skeletor '96 said:

Why is there always some idiot who shouts, 'THEY'RE ALWAYS READY!!!" when Brandt Crocker asks is the corps is ready?  Even worse, why are there people who actually laugh when someone shouts that???

The true ninnyhammer yells it following a lengthy delay featuring staff fractically troubleshooting malfunctioning electronic equipment.