DCI Ticket prices... how far is up??

Hi Friends,

We just booked pretty decent 50 yard line tickets for night beat, with a $223 sticker price for 3 people. Honestly it's good the economy is better for now and people have more disposable income but I can see how for a family the ticket prices are getting a little absurd. We like to book early to get good seats but maybe we're paying a higher price for that. We're very happy the Colts are on the lineup for NightBeat.

Edited by WarriorWay

3 hours ago, WarriorWay said:

Hi Friends,

We just booked pretty decent 50 yard line tickets for night beat, with a $223 sticker price for 3 people. Honestly it's good the economy is better for now and people have more disposable income but I can see how for a family the ticket prices are getting a little absurd. We like to book early to get good seats but maybe we're paying a higher price for that. We're very happy the Colts are on the lineup for NightBeat.

What comes with that?  I booked tix for Boston’s show at Boston College (former location of CYO Nationals) They were $80 each, VIP package;  VIP parking in garage, high stadium center seats (padded), early entry, rehearsal, early concessions and doubles.  Figured it’s worth it and it is part of their 80th anniversary celebration weekend. I think the next level down, which is still excellent seating goes for $50 each.

Edited by LabMaster
  • Like 2

Save me a seat LM, but you might have to use a limousine drivers sign with Ghost on it since I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you.  Just bought the gala gig on Friday.  Also the top package.  Glad the Bell and Hand on Thursday has no cover charge.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Save me a seat LM, but you might have to use a limousine drivers sign with Ghost on it since I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you.  Just bought the gala gig on Friday.  Also the top package.  Glad the Bell and Hand on Thursday has no cover charge.

I have to shift a scheduling conflict around but planning to make all events.  For certain I’ll be at BC.  Looking forward to Bell In Hand.  That will be fun.  I think we’ll have a band there too.  Would love to meet up.  I remember you from Blue Hills Tech days.

• Like 1

I paid $75 for a concert per ticket last year, and I could spit and hit the lead singer. Pretty sad when concert tickets for a world tour are cheaper than NightBeat.

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

You're kidding me!  I was almost 27 and married in 74 when our data processing class graduated.  Let's see.  IBM 350's, reel to reel tape machines, and punched cards.

I feel so much better when people say things like this LOL. Every time Britt asks says something like "I was negative 1 years old when you started college," I don't know whether to feel old or dirty...or both LOL. 

• Haha 2

On 2/23/2020 at 2:17 AM, Incognito365 said:

I paid $75 for a concert per ticket last year, and I could spit and hit the lead singer. Pretty sad when concert tickets for a world tour are cheaper than NightBeat.

I mean you're getting 12 corps worth of performances @ 17 mins each, that's 204 minutes of shows, plus intermission. A 4-hour show (with intermission) for a max of $65 per ticket is pretty good for entertainment anywhere. OP posted $223 for 3 tickets, but that includes some convenience fees for paying online as well. DCI.org lists this show's max ticket price at $65/ticket.

Your world tour concert wasn't 3 1/2 hours worth of music, and is $10 more expensive to start off with.

24 minutes ago, Lead said:

I mean you're getting 12 corps worth of performances @ 17 mins each, that's 204 minutes of shows, plus intermission. A 4-hour show (with intermission) for a max of $65 per ticket is pretty good for entertainment anywhere. OP posted $223 for 3 tickets, but that includes some convenience fees for paying online as well. DCI.org lists this show's max ticket price at $65/ticket.

Your world tour concert wasn't 3 1/2 hours worth of music, and is $10 more expensive to start off with.

You're right, it wasn't 3 1/2 hours.

It was 4 hours, not including the opener, and no intermission time.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:41 PM, Ghost said:

You're kidding me!  I was almost 27 and married in 74 when our data processing class graduated.  Let's see.  IBM 350's, reel to reel tape machines, and punched cards.

Just had my retirement ceremony and I started work early in 1980 (graduated Dec 79). Heard “can you believe” more than once referring to what it was like when I started ugh... But when it’s a Navy captain speaking you just smile... 🙄

work IT but it wasn’t called IT then lol

Edited by JimF-LowBari