Coronavirus

4 hours ago, Crownie01 said:

Flu deaths are preventable with vaccines. There’s no vaccine against corona virus, and the death count keeps going up. 

Yes, but care and treatment - preventing death - is massively better here.  Apples and cement blocks.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ibexpercussion said:

I guess putting out statistics and numbers, everyone just created their own narrative about what the numbers were saying. I posted the numbers just as a point of reference, with no bias one way or the other. They were literally put there as stats. Nothing more. Nothing less. But by all means, go ahead and assume what I meant, and reacting to the post.

You're right on your facts.  They are mine as well, corroborated by people with real and substantial skin in the game and responsibility to not be wrong.

• Like 2

Until drum corps starts serving fried bat, and live eel with fresh-kill dog as an appetizer, I'm not overly worried.

But, all that fun on the side, IF IT GETS HERE, DCI should have a Plan-B thought through so they can shut down the tour, play the safe side, and have an entertainment presentation that does the best they can.

If the angst here is realized, there is no option.  Shut it down.

I'll have some Friends-block tickets to sell...

🙂 

8 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Its not an issue now.

Hopefully,it won't be.

But I wonder if DCI is putting any contingency plans in place,should there be 

an outbreak of Coronavirus  in the states.

As has been seen in the past, infections  spread through a corps like wild fire.

Tight quarters,less then optimum "living conditions",including laundry,provide an ideal

breading ground.

I also anticipate,if there is an outbreak,schools not allowing corps to use their facilities if they'd

have to, as a precaution,disinfect  the place after they  leave.

Could also affect people attending shows.

I know from my clients in Asia,its an issue there.

I also wonder if this will affect corps members coming over from Asia ?

Just wonder what other people think ?

I'm really glad you brought this up.  I live this in a very direct way every day and, for some reason, I never thought to bring it up here as a "what if".  Glad you did.

9 minutes ago, ibexpercussion said:

I guess putting out statistics and numbers, everyone just created their own narrative about what the numbers were saying. I posted the numbers just as a point of reference, with no bias one way or the other. They were literally put there as stats. Nothing more. Nothing less. But by all means, go ahead and assume what I meant, and reacting to the post.

No disrespect intended by me.  I appreciate your post and assume your intent was to put things into perspective.  I simply offer an additional perspective that I think may explain the reason that people have concerns in this case despite the relatively small numbers so far.  

4 hours ago, Crownie01 said:

Flu deaths are preventable with vaccines. There’s no vaccine against corona virus, and the death count keeps going up. 

What I hear?  60 days.  From now.  I heard, live, the head of research of JNJ say 90 days from first test to scale for 300-million doses.  I heard and saw him say it.  Moderno, a biotech, submitted the vaccine for FDA approval YESTERDAY, less than 30 days from start.  Will it pass trials?  Who knows... but...

Sorry... one more thought and then I'll quit...

So, what if...  (those of you who know my profession know the importance of those words in my nomenclature).

This crazy virus comes screaming into the US and turns the entire country into vacant wastelands like either-US-coast's Chinatown.  The tour is cancelled, a show is planned for later, energy shifts to rebound in 2021, ALL corps are forced to cease and disband for the 2020 tour.  Then...