Coronavirus

23 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Luckily for me, like the good Lord, I only drink water and wine. 

Water? Like out the toilet...

(Shameless "Idiocracy" movie reference....)

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Haha 1

On 2/26/2020 at 7:59 PM, garfield said:

What if a solution is to have an abbreviated tour that excludes corps from the most-prone cities.  SF issued a very real warning today.  What about Mandarins and their emphasis (not exclusivity) on Asian members; are they at higher risk?  Should DCI quarantine either corps from tour to protect other corps members?  Boston?

NEIL DIAMOND:  touching hands

CDC:  no don’t touch hands

NEIL DIAMOND:  reaching out

CDC:  please avoid that

NEIL DIAMOND:  touching you!

CDC:  everyone in Boston is doomed

(source)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Interesting... Switzerland just banned groups of over a thousand people. Since that is where the Top Secret is from wonder if affecting performances, etc

Edited by JimF-LowBari

11 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Water? Like out the toilet...

(Shameless "Idiocracy" movie reference....)

OMG - does this mean you can get corona virus from a toilet seat?!?!?

Cal down people - first off, it is from China so it is not going to last long. 

Second, the serious cases seem to happen in the elderly, very young, or otherwise vulnerable (for example - immunosuppressed) individuals.  If you have 13 Min & care to see a good but not too technical explanation of what is really going on from a physician who posts on youtube than check this out.  But watch it all because there are some really good points he makes at the end.

• Like 2

I have a solution for everyone who wants to avoid Corona Virus and for kids marching in drum corps, it could help with dues and spending money for the summer.

If you walk into a CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, or other chain pharmacy, chances are you will see a help wanted sign. Apply and accept the job, even if it’s part time. My father was a pharmacist and owned his own store. As early as I can remember, I waited on customers who coughed, sneezed, wiped their runny nose then handed me their money. Then there was cleaning up after a kid vomited and cleaned up after other unpleasantries I’ll leave to your imagination. I rarely catch anything worse than a slight cold. I need to watch my blood pressure and heart rate, but that’s family history, not a contagious illness.  Working in a drug store builds up your immunity for a lifetime.

👨‍⚕️ .🤧

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Interesting... Switzerland just banned groups of over a thousand people. Since that is where the Top Secret is from wonder if affecting performances, etc

fewer people will hear the dirt

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

fewer people will hear the dirt

While I understand that you are trying to be funny, major expositions in Switzerland have all been cancelled.   The Geneva Car Show (one of the world's largest) was just cancelled. Major watch shows have also been cancelled and some were scheduled for April. 

I speak to people around the world including China, Japan and other areas.  There is extreme concern about this virus which I suspect is not fully appreciated in the US. 

1 minute ago, Continental said:

While I understand that you are trying to be funny, major expositions in Switzerland have all been cancelled.   The Geneva Car Show (one of the world's largest) was just cancelled. Major watch shows have also been cancelled and some were scheduled for April. 

I speak to people around the world including China, Japan and other areas.  There is extreme concern about this virus which I suspect is not fully appreciated in the US. 

I have a friend who is a heavyweight in IT and they cancelled the big show in Barcelona last week. 

• Thanks 1