Coronavirus

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

lol on BD still winning = highly likely

thinking this "scare" will be well over prior to ST, never mind the season - let's hope!

Trying to think how long flus run their course even with world wide ones. Don’t want to guess but well over in few months if that??

note: not talking 1918 Spanish flu which actually mutated once or twice and reappeared at least once. Source John Barry’s “The Great Influenza” which is a great read

Edited by JimF-LowBari

17 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Not worried about the virus in the San Francisco area, as the plague will likely wipe it out.

The sidewalks get cleaned every morning by the wonderful sanitation department. Trash cans emptied, new disposable syringes, fresh bottle water and ready made meals delivered. Even new North Face 2-Meter Geodesic Domes were being delivered for homeless families. No plague here. 

Edited by Poppycock

27 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

But it also said this, just below your quote:

“However, it’s important to note that current global circumstances suggest it is likely that this virus will cause a pandemic. In that case, the risk assessment would be different.”

Which gets us back to we just don’t know yet. There’s no reason to think this is turning into Captain Trips but, considering the disruption happening in other corners of the world, it would still be smart, IMO, for DCI to have some initial discussions about possible repercussions for the activity this coming summer.

Edited by year1buick
fixed formatting
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, year1buick said:

But it also said this, just below your quote:

“However, it’s important to note that current global circumstances suggest it is likely that this virus will cause a pandemic. In that case, the risk assessment would be different.”

Which gets us back to we just don’t know yet. There’s no reason to think this is turning into Captain Trips but, considering the disruption happening in other corners of the world, it would still be smart, IMO, for DCI to have some initial discussions about possible repercussions for the activity this coming summer.

Captain Trips.  :shudder::

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

For those not familiar.  This book will scare the living #### out of you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stand#"Captain_Trips"

Man couldn’t quite place it.... ugh....

• Like 1

Got an email this past week stating that we are closing all international travel for the company....and I quote...."Including travel to Phoenix Arizona." I personally didn't realize that Arizona was considered international...but whatevs....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

For those not familiar.  This book will scare the living #### out of you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stand#"Captain_Trips"

It's a pretty fantastic read though. When I saw you guys talking about it though, it made me think (because my brain makes no sense,) of one of the exchanges in Cunk On Britian. And before someone trolls me accusing me of being insensitive....I'm not being insensitive. But sometimes you gotta laugh at the world so you don't cry..

Philomena Cunk - "How long would you get off work if you got the black death?"

Professor Vanessa Harding - "In about 70% of cases, you would get off of work forever."

Philomena Cunk - "Oh! All right! Huzzah!"

Professor Vanessa Harding - "Because you would be dead..."

Philomena Cunk - "Oh..."

If you've never seen Cunk on Britian I highly suggest it. It's pretty ####### funny.

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever

Wow, you guys marched corps, know the "news" before it ever hits the stands, know the truth from the fake "news" regardless of personal knowledge of the individual, AND are all doctors or top professionals in the medical field? I can't believe you find time to post on DCP! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3