Coronavirus

Dang just found out one of the couples quarantined on the cruise ship is from my area. Top it off think the wife worked in my building some years back and we talked a few times. Right not so common name and age about right. Hard to tell from pic as masks are on and can only see eyes and forehead...

When the symptoms are mild to death, it's likely that we're undercounting cases of coronavirus as the mild symptoms will ignore it and take some tylenol. But they can also pass on the virus to others that will develop worse symptoms. 

My wife is combating Coronavirus by cleaning everything in the house with bleach and we have hand sanitizer and a bajillion other cleaning products to the point where we will kill ALL bacteria ...thus creating another problem with no natural immunities in our bodies.  The good bacteria will all be killed off.  Hope I make it to the summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, LabMaster said:

My wife is combating Coronavirus by cleaning everything in the house with bleach and we have hand sanitizer and a bajillion other cleaning products to the point where we will kill ALL bacteria ...thus creating another problem with no natural immunities in our bodies.  The good bacteria will all be killed off.  Hope I make it to the summer.

I can often be heard at work complaining about how so many of my younger folks in classes never had to play outside when they were kids. They're literally allergic to EVERYTHING including natural sunlight and cool air. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I can often be heard at work complaining about how so many of my younger folks in classes never had to play outside when they were kids. They're literally allergic to EVERYTHING including natural sunlight and cool air. 

Give a listen to Different World,by  Bucky Covington.

Think you'll appreciate it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I don't remember a single issue with food allergies when in grade school.  Most of us ate peanut butter sandwiches.  I'm sure there were some food allergies but not to the level we hear about today.  Then again, we were always outside in the mud and my own family had a variety of pets so we were probably exposed to a lot. 

As for cool air, one thing I've noticed more and more is kids wearing shorts in extremely cold weather.  In fact at my last job there was a developer who must have been around 30 who only wore shorts - no matter what the temperature was.  It would be -15 F and he'd be in shorts/boots walking through the blowing snow.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Continental said:

I don't remember a single issue with food allergies when in grade school.  Most of us ate peanut butter sandwiches.  I'm sure there were some food allergies but not to the level we hear about today.  Then again, we were always outside in the mud and my own family had a variety of pets so we were probably exposed to a lot. 

As for cool air, one thing I've noticed more and more is kids wearing shorts in extremely cold weather.  In fact at my last job there was a developer who must have been around 30 who only wore shorts - no matter what the temperature was.  It would be -15 F and he'd be in shorts/boots walking through the blowing snow.

Yep. Our classes are 7.5 delivery hours per day long (which is WAY too long for an adult.) The average age of our agents (remember this is call center work,) is around 25 years of age. The biggest complaint that I have with the world of call center jobs is our attendance policy. It was the same thing at AT&T when I was there for 20+ years. You can only miss 1 day of work in a 30 day training cycle. If you miss more than 1, we have to move to terminate because of the amount of material we cover. That means that if someone gets the flu...they STILL come to work because they need their job. Now everyone in the class gets the flu and there is literally NOTHING that I can do about it. I can send them home without their consent and even if they DO consent, if they follow the CDC regulations, we're going to term them. It's so dumb that I have actually gotten written up by HR for complaining about how dumb it is. Yay for right to work states.