Coronavirus

15 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I know we are kidding around here a bit, but there is a high level of concern about a serious issue.  This chat got me wondering if busses are properly cleaned during tour.  If there was ever a Petrie dish to pass along germs and whatnot (especially whatnot) the busses are probably ground zero.  There have been bugs running rampant on occasion during tours. Do corps take time for cleaning busses that mm’s put lots of hours on/in?

Wonder how fresh the air in buses are during a long ride. How much is coming from the outside and how much is recirculated over and over. Think of a hot day in your car with a/c on when you hit the button to recirculate the air to keep it cooler.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Beat me to it! The entire class would lift them to their noses in unison. 

I remember being asked to take the test to the office to be copied. YES!!!!!

Edit: TIL - it was  a mix of methanol and isopropanol. Also, it was "spirit duplicator" or "ditto machine". Mimeograph was a competing process that used a forced wax stencil. 

Edited by cybersnyder
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

I remember being asked to take the test to the office to be copied. YES!!!!!

Edit: TIL - it was  a mix of methanol and isopropanol. Also, it was "spirit duplicator" or "ditto machine". Mimeograph was a competing process that used a forced wax stencil. 

That scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

I know we are kidding around here a bit, but there is a high level of concern about a serious issue.  This chat got me wondering if busses are properly cleaned during tour.  If there was ever a Petrie dish to pass along germs and whatnot (especially whatnot) the busses are probably ground zero.  There have been bugs running rampant on occasion during tours. Do corps take time for cleaning busses that mm’s put lots of hours on/in?

Are busses cleaned? Yes. enough? hard to say or do, Hospitals are cleaned to the highest degree yet they themselves will tell you a hospital is a Petrie dish . Cram humans literally into a sardine can going down the road and it doesn't take much going from place to place to create an ripe environment.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. 

That is hardly the scene I think of when I think of that film!   😎

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3