Coronavirus

31 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I’ll predict this will have burned itself out by June and the shows will go on. Let’s revisit this in a couple months. 

It's unlikely that they'll wait until the last minute to make a call. The Bond film was delayed due to Covid-19, DCI can't really delay a season so the only options will be to hold the event or to cancel the event. I don't think corps will be impacted much, but attendance at events could be severely limited. There always seems to be a large number of 60+ at DCI events.

So what events are there before the competitive season starts? Trying to find out what early events are scheduled which would have the highest odd of being affected.

I know some motorsports events have insurance for rainouts. If their event gets rained out, the insurance pays, though I'm not sure how much.

Do any drum corps shows have a similar type of insurance? I am not sure if that type of event insurance pays only for weather related cancellations, or if something like a (hypothetical) virus-related cancellation would be covered.

1 hour ago, wolfgang said:

Do any drum corps shows have a similar type of insurance? I am not sure if that type of event insurance pays only for weather related cancellations, or if something like a (hypothetical) virus-related cancellation would be covered.

Garfield might have some insight.

10 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

The powers that be will probably be monitoring the WGI and Winter Drumline events, too, to get an idea about what the summer might be like. 

Already happening at the local circuit level 

• Like 2

There are always contingency plans but this is the worst case scenario. I would not be surprised if multiple events, if not, the entire season is canceled. My sons senior band trip to Walt Disney World was just cancelled tonight, just two weeks prior to the trip. The kids have been saving up for this for two years and they’re heart broken.

if DCI does have to cancel the season, I would hope they allow this years ageouts to have an additional year and March in 2021.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, wolfgang said:

I know some motorsports events have insurance for rainouts. If their event gets rained out, the insurance pays, though I'm not sure how much.

Most likely no.