Coronavirus

34 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

And considering how schools are already taking precautions in terms of trying to contain whatever exposure may exist, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a lot of drum corps start to see more difficulties in securing housing while on tour. Those tour buses are essentially traveling petri dishes (one of the reasons most corps go thru a round of sickness while on tour). School districts may not be too keen on opening their doors to that kind of thing, even if school isn't in session.

The folks running WGI will be meeting tomorrow night to discuss the upcoming championship events at Dayton. Lots of groups are already pulling out. I think their response to what's going on will go a long way in giving us clues as to how DCI might respond about events this upcoming summer.

I'm thinking of school administrators who are trying to disinfect whole, communal areas, spending thousands, and now some band-thing wants to come in and sleep in the gyms and sweat all over everything in the showers?

"But, really, I'm not kidding!  They clean up after themselves!  I'm serious!"

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, garfield said:

I'm thinking of school administrators who are trying to disinfect whole, communal areas, spending thousands, and now some band-thing wants to come in and sleep in the gyms and sweat all over everything in the showers?

"But, really, I'm not kidding!  They clean up after themselves!  I'm serious!"

It was the school district that cancelled the WGI East percussion regional this weekend. 

https://www.wgi.org/percussion-winds-east-power-regional-cancelled/

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Hopefully DCI is already working on action plans before all the corps begin move-ins. If there is going to be little to no housing for all the corps, this summer; what's the point of a tour? 

Question for the peanut gallery: does DCI get involved with housing and/or rehearsal sites or is that all on the corps?

28 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

As one of my Louisiana friends suggested - 'Wash your hands like you need to remove your contacts after you just finished eating crawfish'.

Saw the Texas version: “like you just got done slicing up a batch of jalapeños for nachos..” ends with “that’s like 20 seconds of scrubbing y’all”.

I'm an airline pilot so I have to spend a lot of time in airports and planes.  This corona virus has made me very worried about going to work!!  

I've washed my hands so many times I fear my skin may sluff off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wigwam said:

I'm an airline pilot so I have to spend a lot of time in airports and planes.  This corona virus has made me very worried about going to work!!  

I've washed my hands so many times I fear my skin may sluff off. 

I wash my hands a lot.  Always have.  What really helps is Neutrogena hand cream.  It’s pure glycerin.  I put it on at night and it heals dry hands better than anything I’ve ever used. https://www.neutrogena.com/skin/skin-care-body/norwegian-formula-hand-cream/6801300.html

Edited by Terri Schehr

59 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wash my hands a lot.  Always have.  What really helps is Neutrogena hand cream.  It’s pure glycerin.  I put it on at night and it heals dry hands better than anything I’ve ever used. https://www.neutrogena.com/skin/skin-care-body/norwegian-formula-hand-cream/6801300.html

I'll have to try that.  I also have those clorox wipes, I wipe everything in the cockpit down with those before I touch anything. 

Call me paranoid, but I don't want to catch this thing and I have to spend a lot of time in JFK and LGA airports in New York, where they have the most cases.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, wigwam said:

I'll have to try that.  I also have those clorox wipes, I wipe everything in the cockpit down with those before I touch anything. 

Call me paranoid, but I don't want to catch this thing and I have to spend a lot of time in JFK and LGA airports in New York, where they have the most cases.  

I was on a flight to Tampa last month and I wiped everything down with disinfectant wipes.  The flight attendant asked if I’d do the whole plane.  😂

I always do this.  Before Covid 19.  

2 hours ago, seen-it-all said:

The folks running WGI will be meeting tomorrow night to discuss the upcoming championship events at Dayton. Lots of groups are already pulling out. I think their response to what's going on will go a long way in giving us clues as to how DCI might respond about events this upcoming summer.

Could some of these WGI groups pulling out want to protect themselves before DCI needs them at an April camp and/or ST?  Maybe by then, this virus issue will be fading.