Coronavirus

36 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheSonOfSUAPYG said:

This is based on by-laws, or something else?

Neither! I based it on good sense. If BD has 50 age outs and DCI allowed them another season then 50 potential members who are of age won’t be. Doubt WGI or DCI would ignore their age rules for participation. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 1

Checking on St Patrick’s day parades as used to be a way to see corps in the northeast. Seattle, Chicago, Philly all cancelled. Baltimore, Annapolis MD and NYC(!!) still a go unless I hit an old webpage. 
York PA will decide tomorrow, throwing that in as a corps is scheduled to march and do pre-parade standstill

edit: NYC parade for next Tuesday has just been cancelled

Edited by JimF-LowBari

18 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Neither! I based it on good sense. If BD has 50 age outs and DCI allowed then another season then 50 potential members who are of age won’t be. Doubt WGI or DCI would ignore their age rules for participation. 

There has been discussion among leaders at DCI about potentially extending age out rules in 2021 should the season be cancelled but no decisions have been made. My sense based on several conversations is that there is support, but also legal considerations to take into account. Don’t expect any sort of decision on this for a while. There is time before that kind of decision needs to be made.

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

There has been discussion among leaders at DCI about potentially extending age out rules in 2021 should the season be cancelled but no decisions have been made. My sense based on several conversations is that there is support, but also legal considerations to take into account. Don’t expect any sort of decision on this for a while. There is time before that kind of decision needs to be made.

Grow up.  Move on.  Life is a crap-shoot.  Get used to it.  Refund proportional member fees net of expenses paid, shut down the year, go on vacation, re-build for next year.

I wonder, what would attendance be if there were ONE week of shows, in the Oil Can, to settle the entire year, in August?  I'm dreaming, for sure.

EDIT: Not directed at you, Newseditor44.  There seem to be some sensitive souls around the thread.

Edited by garfield

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

Grow up.  Move on.  Life is a crap-shoot.  Get used to it.  Refund proportional member fees net of expenses paid, shut down the year, go on vacation, re-build for next year.

I wonder, what would attendance be if there were ONE week of shows, in the Oil Can, to settle the entire year, in August?  I'm dreaming, for sure.

God forbid they consider multiple options, geez.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, furious-winter said:

God forbid they consider multiple options, geez.

I think his comments are just directed to the one option and the way he believes it might be best for affected members to view the situation for their own best interests.

13 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I think his comments are just directed to the one option and the way he believes it might be best for affected members to view the situation for their own best interests.

Sure didn’t sound like it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, garfield said:

Yeah #### me for wanting to march my rookie/age out year when it would be entirely possible to accommodate it

Edited by Roos_Wayne
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, garfield said:

Unlikely the corps could make that work even if they wanted to. With 3 performances rather than 30, there wouldn't be enough performance income to justify the expenses of getting the shows together.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1