Coronavirus

6 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Things happen that are out of everyone's control and decisions are made for the greater good of society. Just imagine how the young Men who had to postpone their lives to go to fight in WW1, WW2, Vietnam, etc. Perspective is needed here.

Yep and Vietnam ended killing some corps along with young people. I won’t say anyone is wrong for being upset not being able to march but bigger priority here

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If DCA or DCI have to cancel their Finals week (DCI) or weekend (DCA) could they survive financially was first part. That’s assuming season went on OK

Second part is could the individual corps survive financially if the season is cancelled. That’s assuming no events for the season

Well first of all the season has not been canceled but of course it’s so early. I get your points. Who knows the effects will be if it does. DCI is not the NBA or MLB that probably can take the financial hit. Obviously some corps can survive like BD and SCV but it’s unprecedented. Cross your fingers and hope this will not be a long run. 

Edited by DFA1970

2 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Well first of all the season has not been canceled but of course it’s so early. I get your points. Who knows the effects will be if it does. DCI is not the NBA or MLB that probably can take the financial hit. Obviously some corps can survive like BD and SCV but it’s unprecedented. Cross your fingers because this can be a long run. 

To be clear I was just brain storming. But DCA dodged some bullets that almost wiped out Finals weekend (last year and 2006) so that’s why it was on my mind

edit: and a Finals rainout and another year a day delay for Prelims in the 80s.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

To be clear I was just brain storming. But DCA dodged some bullets that almost wiped out Finals weekend (last year and 2006) so that’s why it was on my mind

edit: and a Finals rainout and another year a day delay for Prelims in the 80s.

This virus spread is unprecedented. Because it’s so contagious it effects communities and the panic. And you know from a highly regarded medical doctor on TV who is very highly regarded....it will get worse. He said this virus is just starting here. And it really depends on how we react to it before it gets better. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

We could be in the midst of a nuclear war coupled with an invasion from our galactic overlords and the Blue Devils would still be thriving and carrying on like nothing has happened. :lle:

heck the entire season fo shows could be canceled and DCI would still crown them 2020 Champs / they'd just move finals indoors with no audience, stream only and boom! BD wins

just a hunch

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

We could be in the midst of a nuclear war coupled with an invasion from our galactic overlords and the Blue Devils would still be thriving and carrying on like nothing has happened. :lle:

It’s nice to have a bit of humor in times like this. 🙂

A big concern with DCI is the "snowball" effect going on with Coronavirus right now.

Whether you believe  it is an over reaction or not,the fact is every day,every hour is more like it, more and more activities are being affected.

Now no fans for March Madness.

No one knows how far this will go.

There is uncertainty with housing sites.

What is most concerning is that any housing site or venue can say "no" to corps to using their facilities

any time,including if a state's government does like Ohio did. 

Given all this,I don't know how long DCI can wait before deciding to "pull the plug" on 2020

11 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Along with cockroaches, Cher... and Keith Richards....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just a note......I have Hamilton tickets for next week. SF today has banned all events with 1000 or more people which I assume will effect this show. I probably can get a refund but I don’t think I will ask for one.  I feel for the
performers who really depend on tix sales. Plus I’ve seen it before so yeah I’ll pass my refund if it goes to them and the support crew. 

Edited by DFA1970
  • Like 1