Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I hate to bring this up but if the season is cancelled, can DCI survive the blow financially? 

Thinking the same thing Terri. Definitely could cause sustainability problems for many corps as well as DCI. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pbeau said:

Thinking the same thing Terri. Definitely could cause sustainability problems for many corps as well as DCI. 

I hate bringing it up.  I’m also wondering if some of these schools are going to be on complete freak out after this.   It could cause housing problems.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I hate bringing it up.  I’m also wondering if some of these schools are going to be on complete freak out after this.   It could cause housing problems.

There will definitely be residual effects from this crisis. The private school I work at has halted all outside groups from using our campus facilities until further notice. We are planning on the kids not returning from March break.

We are in uncharted times but we will get through this.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Exactly!  School Boards will take the safest path. No facility use. Particularly for people who are not District residents and taxpayers. Imagine if a school district does host a corps and its staff. Everything goes fine, as usual. But, shortly thereafter, it is discovered someone who stayed at the school was infected. 

Time to disinfect the entire school campus. Fear and added expenses. Maybe taxpayer outrage.

With current guidelines suggesting distance between persons, imagine the usual 150 kids sleeping body to body all over the gym and hallways.  This might have to be hotels instead of schools..

Honestly, if this situation isn’t cleared up soon, I believe most School Boards will choose to sit the year out. Not worth the risk. Can you blame them?

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, pbeau said:

There will definitely be residual effects from this crisis. The private school I work at has halted all outside groups from using our campus facilities until further notice. We are planning on the kids not returning from March break.

We are in uncharted times but we will get through this.

We will.   But not unscathed, I’m.afraid.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Exactly!  School Boards will take the safest path. No facility use. Particularly for people who are not District residents and taxpayers. Imagine if a school district does host a corps and its staff. Everything goes fine, as usual. But, shortly thereafter, it is discovered someone who stayed at the school was infected. 

Time to disinfect the entire school campus. Fear and added expenses. Maybe taxpayer outrage.

With current guidelines suggesting distance between persons, imagine the usual 150 kids sleeping body to body all over the gym and hallways.  This might have to be hotels instead of schools..

Honestly, if this situation isn’t cleared up soon, I believe most School Boards will choose to sit the year out. Not worth the risk. Can you blame them?

Forget the maybe in maybe taxpayer outrage.... that’s something that will cost money... and chance of winning the next election for anyone who allowed the “outsiders” to use OUR facilities 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

25 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

4 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Or what happens if a corps or staff member or driver for that matter gets a positive test result while they are there.

Does the entire corps have to "self Quarantine" at that site for 14 days ?

A number of colleges have canceled "in person" classes for the Spring semester.

The Ivy canceled all Spring sports.

Can't see these places "opening up" to house a corps.

Most schools around here are "sanitizing" every night.

Again,who picks up those costs if they house a corps ? 

3 minutes ago, pbeau said:

I hear you Terri. We have a positive in the next town. My wife is freaking out.

I heard we have one in the next county over.  Nothing in Dupage county so far but I expect that will change soon enough.