Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Forget the maybe in maybe taxpayer outrage.... that’s something that will cost money... and chance of winning the next election for anyone who allowed the “outsiders” to use OUR facilities 

Right!   If the situation remains as dire as it seems now. The safety guidelines as laid out now. How would a School Board Member justify voting to use their facility for this purpose?  Not logical. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Right!   If the situation remains as dire as it seems now. The safety guidelines as laid out now. How would a School Board Member justify voting to use their facility for this purpose?  Not logical. 

We get people trying to get on school boards on the “budget is so big there must be waste somewhere” mantra. If there was a possible health risk to the residents, that could be ridden to winning a board seat. Yep, people currently on the board know that so if nothing else will protect their butts by saying no...

15 minutes ago, pbeau said:

I hear you Terri. We have a positive in the next town. My wife is freaking out.

Banned all gatherings of 1,000 people or more here. OMG! me and Stephan haven’t been to the Stud in over two weeks. That has never happened. 

• Haha 2

We have to look at the possibilities here from the perspective of others.  For example, think of the marching member and his/her family.

” Hey, I don’t want my Johnny/Susie laying around on gym floors across America. Using their toilets and showers. Touching surfaces, etc.” “Sorry, Kiddo. You ain’t doing this next month.”

Again, we’ll need to solve this over the next 5-7 weeks. Allow 3-4 more weeks for the “safety feel” to set in. So, time is running out quickly to save the 2020 Season. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

If used, School Boards will be expected to disinfect the gyms and other areas. Added, and unnecessary expenses for an unnecessary risk.

The schools charge for their facilities, right?  So maybe they just raise the cost to cover this service.

I think the corps spend most of their money on tour, so if it were cancelled before the tour began I would think most well established corps could weather it, no need to pay someone to write a new show for next year.  Also they could just not hire staff for the summer.Where it would really hurt is the kids who have flown to some practices, given up summer job opportunities, and ser high expectations for eh summer. I don't know how many would go back and start again next winter if there is a possibility something like that (Virus) could happen again.

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The schools charge for their facilities, right?  So maybe they just raise the cost to cover this service.

Don’t think that would go over well at a school board meeting. “You could have put our community at risk.” “Yeah but we charged more to sanitize everything”. “How do you know everything was sanitized? Those #### people could have been anywhere in the building and grounds”

And to go with Fred’s post about parents worrying about members on tour. Don’t forget spending hours crammed together on busses. Know I’m a pain on sick air syndrome because I worked in a converted warehouse but bus air can’t be that pure after a few hours.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Interesting.... NCAA Division I playoff basketball games will have no spectators. The first round of Division II games for northeast regional will only have “essential staff and family in attendance”. No idea about other Div II or III games as only going by email from my Alma mater

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Interesting.... NCAA Division I playoff basketball games will have no spectators. The first round of Division II games for northeast regional will only have “essential staff and family in attendance”. No idea about other Div II or III games as only going by email from my Alma mater

The NBA just suspended their season until further notice. 

• Thanks 1