Coronavirus

27 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

I'm not hopeful for any kind of a Marching season simply because it takes essentially from December to June for the corps' to produce a field product. We might see some kind of standstill type shows like the Seniors have done in the the past but even then, that would require completely different type of show facilities since it would be indoor. That would take some time to book.

The more I think about it ........this seems to be the perfect solution to the activities' problems.

The activity could salvage some type of competitive season. DCI would still be able to make some money selling CD's or even having FLO record the show.

The kids could still perform, a champion could be crowned and best part is ............ we would have the best audio recordings that DCI and corps have every produced.

I think it's novel idea.

Think of it ........ Carnegie Hall Presents 2020 ... The DCI World Championships In Concert

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

Business’s have already been moving towards employees "Teleworking" from home as their business models allow simply because we are becoming more global and more populated.

I equate this to how "Drum Corps" has evolved. I think everyone will find they can function just as well without being "on site in a campus building" which reduces the need for so much campus real estate. I expect we will see much more of this touching all parts of our lives.

Exactly.  The implications and effect on many many industries would be disastrous. You could see the commercial real estate collapse and what would governments do with all their empty school buildings? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FlamMan said:

Exactly.  The implications and effect on many many industries would be disastrous. You could see the commercial real estate collapse and what would governments do with all their empty school buildings? 

The empty buildings could be used to solve the 'homeless" problem. Kitchens, bathrooms, showers, dorm type rooms etc. But alas, nobody is smart enough to think of such a use.

7 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

The more I think about it ........this seems to be the perfect solution to the activities' problems.

The activity could salvage some type of competitive season. DCI would still be able to make some money selling CD's or even having FLO record the show.

The kids could still perform, a champion could be crowned and best part is ............ we would have the best audio recordings that DCI and corps have every produced.

I think it's novel idea.

Think of it ........ Carnegie Hall Presents 2020 ... The DCI World Championships In Concert

Hmmmm.... if audio only how many license issues could be avoided? Annnnd corps used to have standstill contents in the off season 

• Like 1

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Hmmmm.... if audio only how many license issues could be avoided? Annnnd corps used to have standstill contents in the off season 

Yeah, I got blasted last season over the discussions about FLO about license issues. We need to get the legal beagals out of the music business and out of our pockets.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

The empty buildings could be used to solve the 'homeless" problem. Kitchens, bathrooms, showers, dorm type rooms etc. But alas, nobody is smart enough to think of such a use.

Locally had two school buildings 75+ years old but not in use as schools. One had a few rooms contracted out but rest of building in bad shape. Finally someone woke up that the local library had no room and no place to build a new one. So tore down that building for new big library.

district tried years to sell the other building without success. Finally they said new owner could tear down the building and use the land to build someone within zone. Few months later land was sold (took few months to finalize zoning).

note: local school district has no open land for building so freeing up the land was the biggie

Edited by JimF-LowBari

14 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

You have to see our homeless problem in the SF bay area.

First of all, we don't have "Toll Roads" per say, they are just 10 lane continuous "Freeways" with exits every 1/4 mile to the city streets. At every Freeway exit, there are Tent cities of homeless camped out at the exits. Not only a huge eyesore but not safe for anyone. There are those that are mentally ill but I suspect most are drug related. At every exit on or off, they are there on the median asking for money. As fast as the cities clean up and remove these people, they are back with a new tent city in a matter weeks. We won't talk about brand new tents that they just walk into a sporting goods store and take. Our current laws allow any theft as long as it's under $950.

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

National Hockey League now pressing "pause".

Just remembered during the 1918 pandemic the Stanley Cup games were stopped partway through. And one player actually passed away from it. 

Not that Corps related but showing how even the very healthy can get hit. And just read an opinion piece from a doctor saying “ok you’re young, you’re healthy, now stay at home and quit spreading this stuff around to others not like you”. Apparently response to younger people taking advantage of cheaper plane tickets

• Like 1