Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just remembered during the 1918 pandemic the Stanley Cup games were stopped partway through. And one player actually passed away from it. 

Not that Corps related but showing how even the very healthy can get hit. And just read an opinion piece from a doctor saying “ok you’re young, you’re healthy, now stay at home and quit spreading this stuff around to others not like you”. Apparently response to younger people taking advantage of cheaper plane tickets

Funny, they are talking about NBA playing games without fans. But, one player tested positive yesterday so what now?

Whole Teams will have to be tested every game. WOW!

6 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

Funny, they are talking about NBA playing games without fans. But, one player tested positive yesterday so what now?

Whole Teams will have to be tested every game. WOW!

Two Utah Jazz players now.  Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell. 

32 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

Yeah, I got blasted last season over the discussions about FLO about license issues. We need to get the legal beagals out of the music business and out of our pockets.

There wouldn’t be a music business without rights and lawyers to enforce them, but that discussion belongs in a different thread.  

Also, that’s not how my breed is spelled. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skevinp said:

There wouldn’t be a music business without rights and lawyers to enforce them, but that discussion belongs in a different thread.  

Also, that’s not how my breed is spelled. 

Fair enough.

Here's the latest report from DCI.org.  

https://www.dci.org/news/coronavirus-update-march-12

Is anyone keeping count?  Spirit of Atlanta just cancelled March camp:  "After careful consideration and much deliberation, the Spirit of Atlanta leadership team has decided to cancel the March 20-22 camp at Luella High School. The health and safety of our members, staff and volunteers continue to be the highest priority of our organization. All members, staff and volunteers have been made aware of this change."

28 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

ALL Ohio schools will be closed for 3 weeks per Gov Dewine

That closure starts Tuesday -- although the more nimble school districts will probably start earlier.

And in the same press conference, the top state health official signed an official order banning any "mass gathering", effective immediately and with no end date. A mass gathering is defined in the order as any group of 100 or more under one roof. There were some exceptions for religious services and for private events like weddings.

I work in theater, so we have a lot of decisions to make.

Thinking about a bunch of sweaty kids getting on to buses this summer. We've seen bugs run through corps before that made them have to drop out of events.  I think they are going to have to cancel the season

DCI should just ask all Corps to cancel March and probably April camps.  If things improve and the season is able to move forward, all of the Corps would be on a level playing field when spring training begins.  In the meantime kids can continue to work on music at home and submit videos, etc. to keep things progressing.  Chances are that pretty much all Corps are going to cancel these camps anyway.