Coronavirus

3 hours ago, FlamMan said:

DCA finals only draws 1000??? Wow.

lately

53 minutes ago, Zanjero said:

Someone elsewhere has been kind enough to keep a running list.

Running list of all marching arts cancellations due to COVID-19, as of 03/12/2020 14:20 CDT:

SCV

Cascades

Troopers

Mandarins

Jersey Surf

Genesis

Scouts

SCVC

Cadets

Crown

Pac Crest

Heatwave

Cavaliers

Southwind

Guardians

Music City

Spirit

USBands Indoor season

Indiana PA - Everything

SCPA - Everything

WGI - Everything

HWAA - Everything

SCGC - Everything

MCGC - Everything

AIA - Everything

MAC - Everything

TMA - Everything

ADLA - Everything

CWEA - Everything

TIA more and more cancelling hourly

16 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

March Madness...cancelled. NCAA Tournament. 

Last i saw no conference tournament games and no fans at the NCAA games. “Essential staff and family only” for all three divisions.... Div II starts tomorrow and games still scheduled 

edit: nevermind as just saw the March Madness cancelled news. Still only said Div I which is not surprising but probably means all divisions 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

That closure starts Tuesday -- although the more nimble school districts will probably start earlier.

And in the same press conference, the top state health official signed an official order banning any "mass gathering", effective immediately and with no end date. A mass gathering is defined in the order as any group of 100 or more under one roof. There were some exceptions for religious services and for private events like weddings.

I work in theater, so we have a lot of decisions to make.

I didn't vote for him, but I'm really impressed by how Gov. DeWine is handling this situation.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Locally had two school buildings 75+ years old but not in use as schools. One had a few rooms contracted out but rest of building in bad shape. Finally someone woke up that the local library had no room and no place to build a new one. So tore down that building for new big library.

district tried years to sell the other building without success. Finally they said new owner could tear down the building and use the land to build someone within zone. Few months later land was sold (took few months to finalize zoning).

note: local school district has no open land for building so freeing up the land was the biggie

Speaking of Libraries, why are some communities investing in building a new Library? Who goes to the Library anymore? My kids did all of their studying online. Seems like a big waste of money to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich Cline said:

You have to see our homeless problem in the SF bay area.

First of all, we don't have "Toll Roads" per say, they are just 10 lane continuous "Freeways" with exits every 1/4 mile to the city streets. At every Freeway exit, there are Tent cities of homeless camped out at the exits. Not only a huge eyesore but not safe for anyone. There are those that are mentally ill but I suspect most are drug related. At every exit on or off, they are there on the median asking for money. As fast as the cities clean up and remove these people, they are back with a new tent city in a matter weeks. We won't talk about brand new tents that they just walk into a sporting goods store and take. Our current laws allow any theft as long as it's under $950.

Dont get me started on California and Newsome. Here in Illinois we have 30 murders every weekend and no one gives a crap. Both states are in the hands of awful leaders. 

• Like 1

Just now, FlamMan said:

Speaking of Libraries, why are some communities investing in building a new Library? Who goes to the Library anymore? My kids did all of their studying online. Seems like a big waste of money to me. 

Funny thing is our local library keeps expanding the dvd collection. Seriously besides having those funny heavy rectangle things with pages, local library also serves as community center. Lot of activities and meeting places for people of all types plus the polling place. I’ll find out more as just retired and plan to volunteer there after coronavirus passes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Why build rockets that can go to Mars when we can all just take massive doses of LSD and go to Mars while laying down?

We were warned for many years that an event like this could happen.

What we weren't warned about was the commentary. 

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Just imagine how other teams who have recently played the Jazz feel.  Or how Jazz staff, fans, press, arena staff, hotel staff, bus drivers, airline staff, etc. must feel.

Gobert was joking around putting his hands on reporter’s mics just days before.  Laughing and saying he had “Coronavirus “.

Funny guy.  Ha ha. Not really. 

• Thanks 1