Coronavirus

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I hate jello since my colonoscopy.  And I could only eat green jello.  Green ####### jello for twelve hours.  And that colon blow that tastes like a urinal puck smells.  But with a hint of lemon.

In the '70s we had visitors come to our school who made us eat a lemon-flavored paste to show where plaque existed on our teeth.  The areas with plaque would turn yellow.  

To this day I cannot tolerate anything lemon flavored. 

I was scared for life.  That and the clown incident, but I won't go into that... 

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Other sports are getting hit as well.  FIE -- the Intl. Fencing Federation -- has postponed the next 5 weeks of events, including Jr, World Championships and all the remaining Olympic qualifiers.

Hell...I got hired to work 2 events next month -- one as event armorer and the other to work as an armorer for another vendor -- and now I'm wondering if those event's won't be cancelled.  We've already had a large youth event in Pasadena cancelled this morning.

Aaaannnd one down....just got called that the one as event armorer is cancelled.

Well my college website got caught up... Division II basketball playoffs officially cancelled. 
Couldn’t tell from other news articles as they only said Div I and games start next week. My college is Div II and playoffs were to start tomorrow.

No surprise but good to see it for sure... 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well my college website got caught up... Division II basketball playoffs officially cancelled. 
Couldn’t tell from other news articles as they only said Div I and games start next week. My college is Div II and playoffs were to start tomorrow.

No surprise but good to see it for sure... 

I say we name the Fighting Illini NCAA champions because they were cheated out of it in 2005.  Let’s do it. 

• Like 2

Broadway is shut down indefinitely. 

This afternoon the NCAA cancelled March Madness (men's and women's).

They also cancelled all Spring championships.

That would include baseball and softball that go well into the Summer.

Given that,what college will let a corps use their facilities for housing or a show.

Personally,given just what happened today,I think DCI is just postponing the inevitable. 

Troopers are now offering free video auditions and free audition materials until the coronavirus chills out. Check it out at www.MarchTroopers.com. Awesome opportunity for kids that can't get to camps this month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Broadway is shut down indefinitely. 

This afternoon the NCAA cancelled March Madness (men's and women's).

They also cancelled all Spring championships.

That would include baseball and softball that go well into the Summer.

Given that,what college will let a corps use their facilities for housing or a show.

Personally,given just what happened today,I think DCI is just postponing the inevitable. 

I agree.  I just heard on nightly news that this stuff won’t even peak for another two weeks.  

I have no confidence this season will happen. This virus will not just go away in 2 or 3 months. Right now its like a seed growing and it's still at the growth stages. Plus our country can't seem to get testing done correctly because that is the fight for a pandemic. When major sporting events are cancelling or suspending their games that is a huge loss.  I read a recent article from a  respected medical journal that we are at the beginning stages here. This might not peak at the earliest until late 2020 if action is taken NOW!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Then maybe your town should invest in community WiFi?

Mike

Why? Who doesn't have wifi?