Coronavirus

34 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

At least, we’re keeping our sense of humor.  Go us!   

Just got an email from my dentist regarding all this.... blah blah blah... bottom line I DON’T have to cancel my appt 😖

• Like 2

All - We are trying to keep this thread open as long as we can as we believe it to be a very important current event that will likely affect our activity.  we are giving some latitude BUT you all will still abide by the board guidelines, please.

Just took a COV19 hit - WDW is shutting down for two weeks as are the other entertainment parks in Orlando.  unprecedented, and will have a devastating effect on the economy here.

carry on

I know we're all concerned about whether or not the corps and/or the activity will survive, but I suppose the silver lining - especially for all the old timers who constantly gush about the direction the activity is taking and how awesome they think it is - is that BoA will almost certainly still be around in some capacity as high school bands probably aren't going anywhere anytime soon. 😉

1 minute ago, JohnZ said:

All - We are trying to keep this thread open as long as we can as we believe it to be a very important current event that will likely affect our activity.  we are giving some latitude BUT you all will still abide by the board guidelines, please.

Just took a COV19 hit - WDW is shutting down for two weeks as are the other entertainment parks in Orlando.  unprecedented, and will have a devastating effect on the economy here.

carry on

Oh that’s bad.  

42 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just got an email from my dentist regarding all this.... blah blah blah... bottom line I DON’T have to cancel my appt 😖

So far, we’re all staying the course. But I’m wondering how it’s going to play out in the long run. It’s a little concerning not fully knowing the transmission characteristics while also hoping that masks and such protect us while working inside people’s mouths. I have colleague friends who are really playing it down. But I’m not so sure about that.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Oh that’s bad.  

So is this: during today's press conference in which Ohio's governor, MIke DeWine, announced that all Ohio schools (public and private) are taking a simultaneous three-week spring break, and that almost all gatherings of 100 or more people are banned, the Ohio health director who signed that ban said that even though Ohio has only five confirmed cases, the fact that two of them can't be traced to a known contact means that Ohio has "community spread" of the disease, which means that it's likely at least 1% of Ohioans now carry the virus.

That would be more than 100,000 people in Ohio alone.