Coronavirus

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

So is this: during today's press conference in which Ohio's governor, MIke DeWine, announced that all Ohio schools (public and private) are taking a simultaneous three-week spring break, and that almost all gatherings of 100 or more people are banned, the Ohio health director who signed that ban said that even though Ohio has only five confirmed cases, the fact that two of them can't be traced to a known contact means that Ohio has "community spread" of the disease, which means that it's likely at least 1% of Ohioans now carry the virus.

That would be more than 100,000 people in Ohio alone.

We have the same ban here.  They cancelled the Brit Floyd concert 3/28 at the Chicago theater.  I’m fine with that.  Postpone until it’s safer.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, year1buick said:

So far, we’re all staying the course. But I’m wondering how it’s going to play out in the long run. It’s a little concerning not fully knowing the transmission characteristics while also hoping that masks and such protect us while working inside people’s mouths. I have colleague friends who are really playing it down. But I’m not so sure about that.

We often forget about our providers safety.  Thanks for all that you do to keep the rest of us well and best wishes while riding out this storm!  Actually all the storms you face daily!  

• Like 3

The President of Iran has tested positive.

So has the wife of Canada's prime minister.

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The President of Iran has tested positive.

So has the wife of Canada's prime minister.

This beast knows no friends has no favorites only hosts!  Be careful out there everyone!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Sorry for writing like an 18th century novel.  Had been binge watching Sanditon for hours.

BTW, if you have a chance to watch it, pass on that chance.  The ending is just godawful terrible.  

Edited by skevinp
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Sorry, I meant no offense and have removed my comment.  Once again I find myself in your debt for bringing my offensiveness to my attention, as my desire for levity in a difficult time was apparently more of an affront to decency than I realized. 

I knew you didn't mean to offend anyone.   I wish I had 30% of your come back ability on many of your replies.

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I knew you didn't mean to offend anyone.   I wish I had 30% of your come back ability on many of your replies.

Thanks.  Since having a traumatic experience on DCP a couple years ago, I have little faith in my own judgment about what is acceptable.