Coronavirus

I live in N.J.

There's a growing trend of school districts shutting down "in person" learning.

Bergen County just announced they will close all school districts next week.

I know Ohio closed all schools.

Just wondered ,for people who live in other  states,if this is going on there ?

I night on ESPN Tom Izzo was saying that, right now,Corona isn't really 

a big problem  in Michigan.

But that could change.

Spoke to some friends who vacationing in Florida.

They said its not much of anything there.

Edited by rpbobcat

I'm confused on the two weeks thing. I understand 2 weeks to clear yourself and if  everyone was doing it at the same time,  that makes sense.  Everyone on a different two weeks?   Kind of like a scatter drill.  Can someone edumacate me?  Seems like a ways that won't work. 

13 minutes ago, bldbrkr said:

I'm confused on the two weeks thing. I understand 2 weeks to clear yourself and if  everyone was doing it at the same time,  that makes sense.  Everyone on a different two weeks?   Kind of like a scatter drill.  Can someone edumacate me?  Seems like a ways that won't work. 

Two weeks if you really have it and then build up your own immunity from catching it again. I see people self quarantining themselves if they think they have it. If they are wrong after two weeks they can go out and catch it for real so that makes no sense to me.

31 minutes ago, bldbrkr said:

Go on the CDC website for proper information. 

40 minutes ago, bldbrkr said:

40 minutes ago, bldbrkr said:

Can someone edumacate me?   

24 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Two weeks if you really have it and then build up your own immunity from catching it again. I see people self quarantining themselves if they think they have it. If they are wrong after two weeks they can go out and catch it for real so that makes no sense to me.

8 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Go on the CDC website for proper information. 

Hold off turning 60 while this virus is around.

• Haha 3

Oh, ok. So, basically everyone will get it.  Just holding off on everyone getting it at once. That does make sense. Better care of the medical community isn"t strained all at once. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

Just wondered ,for people who live in other  states, if this is going on there ?

I night on ESPN Tom Izzo was saying that, right  now,Corona isn't really a big problem  in Michigan.

But that could change.

Spoke to some friends who vacationing in Florida.

They said its not much of anything there.

There are probably infected people in every state at this point.

Michigan reported its first case two days ago, so Michigan is probably just a few days behind Ohio, which had reported five cases as of yesterday.

Ohio's health director said yesterday that because two of the cases can't be traced to a previously known infection, that means Ohio has "community spread". And community spread implies that at least 1% of the population is infected. That means 100,000+ people in Ohio alone.

Maybe we get lucky and she's wrong. Or maybe a whole bunch of those people are about to start showing symptoms.

Florida is probably in worse shape than Ohio. Florida announced 17 new cases yesterday, bringing that state's total to 42.

Again the number of reported cases is certainly much less than the number of actual cases.

The number of actual infections doubles every six days.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Everyone here should assume someone they know is already infected.

So maintain social distancing.

Don't shake hands.

Wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds, multiple times every day.

Don't touch your face.

Regularly sterilize surfaces you touch, including door knobs, counter tops, handles, light switches, keyboards, and phones.

If you're sick, stay home and isolate yourself from your family.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Me, either.  I have my six month checkup Monday and I’m good to go. 

that was 12 hours ago, their has been some changes in our office policy, check back in 3 months for an update

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

There are probably infected people in every state at this point.

PA has 21 last I checked and all but 2 or so are SE part of the state. I keep checking to see when that will change and see cases in rest of state. Lot of cancellations so that is probably helping the slowdown

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Tip of the day: stop watching the news. The hysteria from the mainstream media is exhaustive and not helping anyone.

I spoke with a very reputable doctor in the Philadelphia area yesterday about the coronavirus. His views were refreshing and made me way more relaxed. He basically said unless you're a senior citizen (70+) with serious health issues, relax and enjoy your life. We will all be fine! The end of the world is not approaching.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1