Coronavirus

7 minutes ago, dans said:

Tip of the day: stop watching the news. The hysteria from the mainstream media is exhaustive and not helping anyone.

I spoke with a very reputable doctor in the Philadelphia area yesterday about the coronavirus. His views were refreshing and made me way more relaxed. He basically said unless you're a senior citizen (70+) with serious health issues, relax and enjoy your life. We will all be fine! The end of the world is not approaching.

Now you’ve done it...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dans said:

Tip of the day: stop watching the news. The hysteria from the mainstream media is exhaustive and not helping anyone.

I spoke with a very reputable doctor in the Philadelphia area yesterday about the coronavirus. His views were refreshing and made me way more relaxed. He basically said unless you're a senior citizen (70+) with serious health issues, relax and enjoy your life. We will all be fine! The end of the world is not approaching.

Ok. Thanks for the hearsay report. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, skevinp said:

Sorry for writing like an 18th century novel.  Had been binge watching Sanditon for hours.

BTW, if you have a chance to watch it, pass on that chance.  The ending is just godawful terrible.  

I’ve been binge watching Dexter.  😳

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dans said:

If it bleeds it leads (and leads to ratings). So that’s what we get over and over and .... 

Question I have is are the 24 “news” channels being hysterical or just seems that way because this is all they talk about constantly.

22 minutes ago, dans said:

Yup. 

13 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If it bleeds it leads (and leads to ratings). So that’s what we get over and over and .... 

Question I have is are the 24 “news” channels being hysterical or just seems that way because this is all they talk about constantly.

The main stream media has an agenda folks. They wont stop. This should be obvious to everyone. 

Edited by FlamMan
  • Thanks 1

THANK YOU !

31 minutes ago, dans said:

THANK YOU !

Here's something many DCP readers will not see, as the channel is not available everywhere.  Should be comforting to many.

I just watched a LIVE interview on Fox Business Channel from Madrid, Spain. A medical doctor (Dr. Yale Tung Chen) who is now at home WITH THE CORONOVIRUS in his body, was asked what it is like. Of course, he can only describe his personal situation.

He said his experience is more mild than an average, seasonal flu. He has mild headache and is more tired than usual. Asked what medication he was prescribed, he answered NONE. He takes Tylenol and says any over-the-counter cold medicine should work.

He worked directly with other staff treating Coronovirus patients in his hospital and thinks he probably got it from a co-worker there.

Note: He's age 35 with no underlying chronic heath condition.

(By the way, I'm still planning to fly to Florida in mid April)

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, dans said:

So come on here DCP..... this is where to get the "real" news!!!! and information. We got you covered. 🙂

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

PA has 21 last I checked and all but 2 or so are SE part of the state. I keep checking to see when that will change and see cases in rest of state. Lot of cancellations so that is probably helping the slowdown

PA probably has a lot more than 21 cases.

If you look at a daily graph of reported cases in Wuhan vs. what scientists now believe to have been the actual number of Wuhan cases on those dates, you'll see the latter is much higher than the former early in the infection period. Two weeks ago, Italy had numbers like

- - - - - - - - - -

Meanwhile, for those wondering how to respond if they feel sick, a TV host useful summarizes a segment of his show from last night:

"So tonight I spoke with Reed Caldwell, who is Assistant Professor of Emergency Health at NYU Langone, and I want to pass along some important takeaways from our segment about What To Do If You Feel Ill...

Naturally, people feeling they have flu-like symptoms that may be COVID-19 want to be tested, but the reality is: at this point that is neither a realistic possibility nor a medical priority.

His advice: if you're in a low-risk group and feel symptoms, self-isolate. Monitor your temperature. Drink plenty of fluids and take ibuprofen. Stay away from people and just rest up as if you had the flu.

If your conditions worsen, seek contact with your doctor, ideally through telemedicine of some kind. But don't expect a test, and DO NOT go to medical centers seeking one, unless you have concern you need urgent care or emergency medicine.

If you're in a high risk group -- 60+, immune compromised, other pre-existing conditions and comorbitidies -- self-isolate and immediately contact your physician.

The only people who should be going to the ER are people who have urgent symptoms (including by not limited to trouble breathing). We need to keep the ERs clear and right now testing simply is not a priority for the path we're on, in terms of managing the virus."

(source includes a link to the segment with Dr. Reed)

25 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Probably.  At least until the next investigation................