Coronavirus

35 minutes ago, dans said:

Tip of the day: stop watching the news. The hysteria from the mainstream media is exhaustive and not helping anyone.

I spoke with a very reputable doctor in the Philadelphia area yesterday about the coronavirus. His views were refreshing and made me way more relaxed. He basically said unless you're a senior citizen (70+) with serious health issues, relax and enjoy your life. We will all be fine! The end of the world is not approaching.

"Vice President Pence says there has been 'irresponsible rhetoric' from people who have downplayed the seriousness of the US coronavirus outbreak."

That said, not all calming advice is bad. I'm sure your doctor friend means well and hopes to avoid unnecessary panic. Still the fact remains that "We will all be fine!" is just not true, and contradicts your previous sentence which makes it clear that our older relatives, friends, and colleagues will be at serious risk of hospitalization if they catch the virus from us.

11 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

He said his experience is more mild than an average, seasonal flu. He has mild headache and is more tired than usual. Asked what medication he was prescribed, he answered NONE. He takes Tylenol and says any over-the-counter cold medicine should work.

That's because there is nothing else he can take.

There is no vaccine. There is no cure other than letting your body fight off the infection -- and treating the symptoms.

15 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Probably.  At least until the next investigation................

Oh understood... should have said “reported cases” but thought that didn’t need to be said. Really strange to me all reported is SE and one or two north central. It’s like 2/3 of the state is in stealth mode.

• Like 1

Moderators, do you have anything to add this politically charged banter?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Continental said:

Stopped right there, because when I want the truth I always watch the Fox Business Channel. 

Heeding advice from MikeD, oh never mind.

Confirmation is enough.

Edited by garfield

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

Really!  Yep, me, too.  Don't need to continue past Fox Business Channel.  They're all you need.  Glad to know we agree on that!

(/dripping sarcasm)

I will buy a lottery ticket to celebrate you and I being on the same page. 

Edited by Continental