Coronavirus

8 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

The mainstream media's coverage of this has been irresponsible, IMO Bordering on panic creation, and paranoia creation. In the end, who knows. more people might die of stress or a stroke watching the TV and the like than from the Chinese Coronovirus spread.  

World Health Organization website their scientists, epidemiologists are stating that  86.4 % of those that come down with the virus will suffer " mild, non life threatening symptoms". Even the vast majority of those over 80 with compromised immune systems due to underlying health conditions are expected to survive a bout with this, and millions of these people every night die in their sleep peacably anyway,  no child under 10 anywhere in the world has died from this. 99 out of every 100 people that come down with this virus that are under 65 will survive it, and far less than half the adult population is expected to get it. China has 1.35 billion people.. As of today, 3,177 have died of Coronovirus in China since this outbreak began there in mid December. Out of 80,000 confirmed cases (its estimated many more went undiagnosed, and recovered on their own).

I suspect that many will catch this virus, but that it will eventually run its course, and while deaths will result, it will not be the cataclysmic virus that its being made out to be by the media.

So your solution is? 

PS watching govt response and sounds like they are panicking by your definition

Just now, Poppycock said:

Don’t worry be happy 😊 

To be on the safe side, I am filling my body with 60% alcohol.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, garfield said:

You can relax about the economy.

Maybe you’re right.  

I’m not sure you’re right.

You’re probably right.

You may be wrong.  

You really could be wrong.

But you’re probably right.  

Oh no you’re wrong.

Oh *whew* you could still be right.

Oh my god you are completely wrong!!!

Oh hey it looks like you could have been right all along.  

Hmm...

Perhaps I shouldn’t base my opinions solely on the Dow Jones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Don’t worry be happy 😊 

easy to say if it doesn’t hit you directly

Sad to say what is making this easier for me is the loved ones I had with compromised systems are all gone. Otherwise they would be home bound and I’d be #### careful I didn’t pass anything. Watch two people die from pneumonia and it changes your outlook.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

One fallacy of the “if it saves just one life” argument is that it disregards all the lives ultimately lost as a result of the actions it is used to justify.  

Another problem with the argument it assumes a happy life has no more value than a miserable one.  

Yep, totally agree.  It is the law of unintended consequences.  Sometimes "Just do something" is the wrong thing to do.  

• Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

You are absolutely right.  I think you need to run right down to the CDC and shake them up and show them how wrong they are.  And that Fauci guy, what does he know?  You need to straighten him out too.

Careful what you wish for.  I think Poppycock and Fauci would make a cute couple.  

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

As of today, 3,177 have died of Coronovirus in China since this outbreak began there in mid December. Out of 80,000 confirmed cases (its estimated many more went undiagnosed, and recovered on their own).

So is 3,000 dead people a lot or a little? Just trying to get a sense of what counts as tragic to you.