Coronavirus

11 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Actually,the number of US deaths was over 12,000

Yes, thanks for the correction. 

10 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

1. It's not true that nothing was done. Swine flu was declared a public health emergency by the federal government on Apr. 26, 2009, which was 14 days after the first case was discovered, when there were only 20 known cases (but probably a lot more undetected) and before anyone had died from it. Two days after that, Congress was presented with the initial budget request to fund an emergency response, and the bill that was passed was $7.65 billion, a little less than the COVID-19 funding bill that was passed by the current Congress and signed into law by the President one week ago today. (COVID-19 was first identified in December and the first U.S. case was in January.)

2. Way more than 1,500 Americans are currently infected with COVID-19.

H1N1 was much more widespread and deadly, yet not one sporting or entertainment event or season was cancelled. Nothing. No crazy widespread panic like we have now.

Why do you think that is???

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well, to beat  a dead horse:  Wash your hands, Wash your hands. It will mitigate, but not completely keep you healthy. You can use an N95 mask, but you truly need a fit test for it to work the best.   Although the virulence of this  is not such that it is killing healthy people; the likelihood is that we are really doing what we are doing moreso to primarily  protect the vulnerable and not overburden the healthcare system with those who wont die (leaving a severe shortage in available hospital beds), but may need hospitalization as well.  As a nurse who now works in a 1700 employee building ( I work in the employee health clinic), I was far more concerned about Ebola, as it could make the healthy extremely sick,  and had the potential; to be more fatal  I do think there is some overreaction with regards to the necessity to hoard.  I do think it is good practice to social distance, have contingency plans because I do believe with climate change we are going to see far deadlier pathogens in the future.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, inbetween said:

Well he was essential wrong. Obviously. 

This is not disputable. Facts are the facts. Covid 19 is being overblown and fueled by the main stream media. Its absolute insanity. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, skevinp said:

Respectfully but strongly disagree.   Were schools closed all over?  Were millions of people told to stay home from work?  Were sports seasons ended?  Were theme parks closed?  Were there nearly daily press conferences by teams of experts?  Was there non-stop media coverage of practically nothing else?  Did the stock market have to take Vraylar?  Did NE Brigand wear out two keyboards and give himself carpal tunnel syndrome?  

Exactly. Anyone want to take a stab at the reason why?

10 hours ago, Poppycock said:

IMO this will end up being the weakest, with the fewest deaths of all pandemics in history. All these cancellations are to instill fear and are unnecessary.  

Exactly right. It is all politically motivated which is very sad. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Just want to point out ‘steps’ were taken as early as January 27 !

Yup, and many criticized it.  

9 hours ago, Poppycock said:

The mainstream media's coverage of this has been irresponsible, IMO Bordering on panic creation, and paranoia creation. In the end, who knows. more people might die of stress or a stroke watching the TV and the like than from the Chinese Coronovirus spread.  

World Health Organization website their scientists, epidemiologists are stating that  86.4 % of those that come down with the virus will suffer " mild, non life threatening symptoms". Even the vast majority of those over 80 with compromised immune systems due to underlying health conditions are expected to survive a bout with this, and millions of these people every night die in their sleep peacably anyway,  no child under 10 anywhere in the world has died from this. 99 out of every 100 people that come down with this virus that are under 65 will survive it, and far less than half the adult population is expected to get it. China has 1.35 billion people.. As of today, 3,177 have died of Coronovirus in China since this outbreak began there in mid December. Out of 80,000 confirmed cases (its estimated many more went undiagnosed, and recovered on their own).

I suspect that many will catch this virus, but that it will eventually run its course, and while deaths will result, it will not be the cataclysmic virus that its being made out to be by the media.

100 exactly correct. The MSM certainly wont discuss the above points because it hurts their narrative and desired outcome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, skevinp said:

Maybe you’re right.  

I’m not sure you’re right.

You’re probably right.

You may be wrong.  

You really could be wrong.

But you’re probably right.  

Oh no you’re wrong.

Oh *whew* you could still be right.

Oh my god you are completely wrong!!!

Oh hey it looks like you could have been right all along.  

Hmm...

Perhaps I shouldn’t base my opinions solely on the Dow Jones.

He's right. Start buying stocks now.