Coronavirus

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

We had 18-55 AC in our busses - 18 open windows at 55 MPH.

Well unless you were stuck in traffic at least the air got recirculated.  😛 Was on a plane where co-worker passed out and people around her complained of headaches in one area. Never thought much about sick air in transportation until then. Worked in a converted warehouse so always worried about it in buildings

and Brian T.... AMX was faster but not better looking (yeah that’s the era I remember)

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

How about their answer to GM’s Camero/Firebird? The clunky looking Javelin. I actually thought the Pacer was kind of fun. 
How can we bring this derailed thread back to the Corona virus? Lol

There’s a case in New York.  Another person died in Washington state.  And I’m still seeing those mask ads here. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2020 at 12:15 PM, LabMaster said:

My wife is combating Coronavirus by cleaning everything in the house with bleach and we have hand sanitizer and a bajillion other cleaning products to the point where we will kill ALL bacteria ...thus creating another problem with no natural immunities in our bodies.  The good bacteria will all be killed off.  Hope I make it to the summer.

Reminds me of the George Carlin bit about swimming in the East River, and how it made his immune system stronger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

There’s a case in New York.  Another person died in Washington state.  And I’m still seeing those mask ads here. 

Went to a hardware store this morning.

They were sold out of dust masks.

The owner said people didn't care what they were for.

They had to have "masks".

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Yeah, I wish people would calm down about the masks. Some of us really do need to use them for work.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

We had 18-55 AC in our busses - 18 open windows at 55 MPH.

I was in 27th. We had 18-35 AC. A lot of the time it was 18-0!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, year1buick said:

Yeah, I wish people would calm down about the masks. Some of us really do need to use them for work.

And masks don't help if you DON'T have coronavirus.  It helps someone with it,  to not spread it.  Well that's what they say.  I fly a lot (going to SFO in the morning) and I saw fewer masks last week (was in SFO) but saw more people wiping down seating and seat backs/trays with sanitizing wipes.  My wife gave me a tube of them to clean my desk, and car, and computer, and backpack and anything I might touch.  I feel good bacteria leaving my body already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

The manager at my local family owned hardware store told me he set aside a stash of masks for regular customers, those with demo/renovation businesses. Righteous!

• Like 2