Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

In Boston the cup was suspended when flu season began and shaking hands at the Sign of Peace when Corona Virus became a more serious issue.

I have had to drink from the Communion cup, extend my hand for the Sign of Peace, and have given the Sacrament of the Sick to contagious people. Haven’t knowingly caught anything yet. I could probably say if I caught anything by celebrating Mass or visiting the sick it was meant to be, but as someone who wanted to sign himself out of the hospital a few months back when I had a minor heart episode (my blood pressure was 201/150 when I arrived), I’m not a good patient so I probably would not be that diplomatic.

You’ve built up super immunities. 

3 minutes ago, Tim K said:

In Boston the cup was suspended when flu season began and shaking hands at the Sign of Peace when Corona Virus became a more serious issue.

I have had to drink from the Communion cup, extend my hand for the Sign of Peace, and have given the Sacrament of the Sick to contagious people. Haven’t knowingly caught anything yet. I could probably say if I caught anything by celebrating Mass or visiting the sick it was meant to be, but as someone who wanted to sign himself out of the hospital a few months back when I had a minor heart episode (my blood pressure was 201/150 when I arrived), I’m not a good patient so I probably would not be that diplomatic.

That’s scary BP.  I’m sure you have it under control now. 
I did stock up on my bp meds because of this stuff but it was only because my doctor called and recommended I get a 90 day supply. 
I read on Twitter that WGI is going on as usual.   If I’m wrong in a few months, call me out, but I really think we will be ok. 

Keep calm and wash your hands. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m a Scorpio.  ️  The astrological sign most likely to be murdered.  So I have that going for me. 😂 

Scorpios make some of the best friends as they are very loyal.

Just don't #### them off - the stinger on that Scorpion tail gets used when that happens.  

Edited by Continental
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I know this event will pass, but one of my concerns is the amount of hoarding that is happening.

Vendors are taking advantage of it and jacking up prices significantly.

When this is all over do you think pricing will return to normal?  Not the way it was before.  It might come down a bit. 

Yesterday the local grocery store had suddenly jacked up the price of paper towel by $4 for a roll of 6. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You’ve built up super immunities. 

As I said in an earlier post: I grew up working in a drug store and I taught elementary school for six years. If these two things don’t build up immunities, nothing will!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

As I said in an earlier post: I grew up working in a drug store and I taught elementary school for six years. If these two things don’t build up immunities, nothing will!

Immunity to the local stuff... sis in law is elementary school teacher and hardly gets local colds or flus. But let her out of state nieces and nephew visit when something is going around there and. 🤢

3 hours ago, Continental said:

I know this event will pass, but one of my concerns is the amount of hoarding that is happening.

Vendors are taking advantage of it and jacking up prices significantly.

When this is all over do you think pricing will return to normal?  Not the way it was before.  It might come down a bit. 

Yesterday the local grocery store had suddenly jacked up the price of paper towel by $4 for a roll of 6. 

It’s crazy.  I drink smart water occasionally because I take BP meds.  I bought a case at Costco in Naperville 2/25 and now, there’s none to be had at any price. 

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s crazy.  I drink smart water occasionally because I take BP meds.  I bought a case at Costco in Naperville 2/25 and now, there’s none to be had at any price. 

It's the same here. I was at the lovely Walmart yesterday and it was PACKED with people buying bottled water and toilet paper. Now, please remember that I live in the south where the very use of the word "snow" causes mass panic and the wholesale buyout of bread and milk (so that people can make milk sandwiches I presume.) But I don't quite understand the massive run on bottled water here. We're a TVA community. Unless someone decides to go all Myan and starts dropping bodies into the Tennessee river, the water supply here should be more than safe to consume. I'm not saying it's not a valid concern in some locations, but here I just don't see it. 

• Like 1

This reminds of the “aftermath” of hurricane Harvey in San Antonio in 2017. Though we barely got anything more than a light breeze and some sprinkles (the original forecast called for potentially damaging winds), rumors somehow got started that there was going to be a gas shortage. So, naturally, people started stockpiling gas. And... you guessed it... the city ran out of gas. Everywhere. I had to drive to Bulverde to fill up my car— and it was still all Road Warrior, with lines, angry people and a poor gas attendant trying to direct traffic. (It was a “lovely day.”) It was about two weeks before things returned to normal.

“A person is smart. People are dumb.” — Agent K

Edited by year1buick
  • Like 2